Air Rifle for my Dad

Taileron

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Anybody else been looking at free ads then today 😁 looking at second hand rifles is dangerous, so many out there and such varrying prices and kit you get 😭😭 

hello, you have to be careful on free ads, there was a recent scam and a lot of money involved.

24 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, you have to be careful on free ads, there was a recent scam and a lot of money involved.

I saw that thanks, someone paid but didn't get the rifle, think I'd still want to pick up what i paid for, it's the same on all sites, a real difference in price.

free adds recommend you pay with PayPal, but PayPal say you can't buy a rifle?

Another day spent pondering and browsing shops yesterday. We have now refined the choices to AA S400 ultralight, AAs410 Ultralight, but as we were leaving he was presented with the AA S410 ( or 510 I can’t quite remember) TDR. These are extremely lightweight, he was quite taken with that but again I can’t guide him as I have zero knowledge of that particular air rifle. Is that any good or just a gimmick?

Thanks for all the help everyone, it’s greatly appreciated👍

On 11/10/2019 at 21:40, figgy said:

What's his budget, cheap and still a good rifle getting good reviews the Kral NP02 high shot count too.

Good call on the Kral, nice and light , short, massive shot count , mag fed , decent trigger, and a solid performer.
Try and pick one up in a shop.
Plenty of change from £800, and thats with a nice scope of your choice too.

Thanks for all the help with this, he has made his choice and paid the deposit. He has ordered the AA S510 TDR regulated.177 new from our local RFD and seems happy with his choice. I must admit if I had a spare 1k burning a hole in my pocket I would be very tempted, but my benelli Supersport is still £500 light in the secret savings pot.

Thanks again👍

All the best.

On 17/10/2019 at 17:09, figgy said:

Glad he is sorted and he has picked a very good rifle. One of the atlas knock-off bipods will go very well on it to for his target shooting.

You can pick up very good used Benelli SuperSports I have did also another member has too.

Cheers Figgy,

I have been keeping my eye on guntrader and have yet to find one that fits the bill. They seem to be silly money or poor condition, if I’m going to pay top dollar I would rather buy new. I traveled down to Oxfordshire last month to have a look at one which was described as “mint”.....should have been described as “ rough old dog that’s been thrown around the back of a landy for a couple of months” and that was in a RFD showroom. 6 hours on the road and £40 of diesel wasted.

3 minutes ago, Taileron said:

Cheers Figgy,

I have been keeping my eye on guntrader and have yet to find one that fits the bill. They seem to be silly money or poor condition, if I’m going to pay top dollar I would rather buy new. I traveled down to Oxfordshire last month to have a look at one which was described as “mint”.....should have been described as “ rough old dog that’s been thrown around the back of a landy for a couple of months” and that was in a RFD showroom. 6 hours on the road and £40 of diesel wasted.

hello, who was the RFD ? 

4 hours ago, Taileron said:

Cheers Figgy,

someone said to me, one mans mint is anothers 6.

bad though especially from a RFD

I read a review of the 510 tdr this week, looks a very tidy rifle.