Youthful memory jogs?

Retsdon

Was just digging round for old sounds on youtube and the algos threw this one up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFBuYHldeY. And it brought back happy (not) memories of when I was about 17/18 and getting head-butted in the face and going down in the middle of the dance floor, and that what stood out even at the time was that as I was getting subsequently kicked to bits, the song was absolutely appropriate. 

And probably by association, I've never warmed to it since.

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Was just digging round for old sounds on youtube and the algos threw this one up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFBuYHldeY. And it brought back happy (not) memories of when I was about 17/18 and getting head-butted in the face and going down in the middle of the dance floor, and that what stood out even at the time was that as I was getting subsequently kicked to bits, the song was absolutely appropriate. 

Good grief, that's a memory and a half! It reminds me of Joe Simpson, of Touching the Void fame, being slightly miffed he was going to die to the tune of Brown Girl in the Ring, by Bony M, because it was stuck in his head on loop!

25 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I have that on vinyl, as a single, along with Co Co, Wig Wam Bam and Blockbuster. I was 13.

If that was typical of your teenage years it would seem they were very much like mine. 🙂

22 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Funny the memories music can bring bad! I was with a few mates at a bowling alley when a bit of a disagreement broke out and I got stabbed too sounds of Japanese Boy by Aneka

44 minutes ago, oowee said:

Did you go to the shows :lol:🕯️ that was the best.

Too young! I suffer from taste that predates my birth certificate. I was born in 1985, so missed out on everything that was good and holy in the world of music and instead got lumbered with The Spice Girls, East 17 and Robbie %@$&*£$ Williams

Edited by chrisjpainter

46 minutes ago, Muddy Funker said:

I doubt it's much fun getting stabbed, but that is hilarious 😂

It wasn't much of a stab wound but did sting a bit! On the plus side I did get to go out with a mates girlfriends sister for a couple of months after she patched me up 😜😍

11 hours ago, Scully said:

In the ‘70’s I seem to recall simply looking at someone would be enough! 😀Happy days! 

11 hours ago, bluesj said:

Wasn't any different in the 80's! I don't suppose its any different now

Nor in the 60's. Between 1963 to 1969 I played in two Bristol groups. It was not unusual (no pun intended!) to see a fight erupt on the dance floor. We did not stop playing in case it took over the stage and our kit was at risk. Often you'd see some poor sod being kicked only for some yob to stop dancing and run across and kick the victim just for the hell of it. Rural venues were sometimes the worse gigs as they seemed to provide an opportunity for rival villages to settle old scores and seldom were there "Bouncers"  present as there were in city gigs. Oh the good old days !!!!!!