how fast are you.

oowee

In the past I entered a competition called gladiators. Part of the entry test was a run on a running machine. The target was 800m in under 2 min 30 for men. I got my time down to around 2m 15s which was running at 22kmph about 14mph. The machine would max out at 25kmph and at around 22 the machine was singing. Today Eliud Kipchoge from Kenya has run a marathon in under 2 hours. Averaging 21.1 kmph for nearly two hours. This is unreal.

On the same day as this incredible feat we hear the news that slow walking at 45 is a sign of faster ageing. 

'Using a simple test of gait speed, researchers were able to measure the ageing process.

Not only were slower walkers' bodies ageing more quickly - their faces looked older and they had smaller brains.'

That target is approximately 150% of the world record time for 800m set by Rudisha which requires a 19km/h average.

Fair play with 2m 15s, I achieved the 2m 30s target (nothing to do with Gladiators in my case) and moved on to another challenge. I would struggle to do it in under 3m currently.

The Kipchoge achievement is really something else, my facebook and LinkedIn feed are lit up with posts of congrats from my Kenyan pals as well as a good few people here in the UK.

I have visited Iten and these Kips and Cheps from the Kalenjin tribe really are something else. They used to attribute their success to training at altitude, resting (horizontally) for around 18 hours a day and a diet rich in ground maize meal (ugali) but there has to be more to it.

They are a nightmare to try to do business with though 🤣

So do I take this correctly if your a slow walker you age quicker 🤔 ,does this take into account the number of steps taken daily or other excercises the condemned may have taken ? Seems flawed to me ,I’ve got short legs but walk an average of  between 4- 5 miles a day weekends I cycle 33 miles in just over 2 hours ,hats off  for appearing on Gladiators 

Edited by sam triple

1 hour ago, oowee said:

In the past I entered a competition called gladiators.

Firstly tell us more😄

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Today Eliud Kipchoge from Kenya has run a marathon in under 2 hours. Averaging 21.1 kmph for nearly two hours. This is unreal.

that is nuts, my misses has just said he's done a complete marathon at our sprinting pace!!!

I am surprised anyone watched Gladiators let alone remembers it.

After the run you had to do 10 long arm chins with a 5 sec hang on each one. Followed by a rope climb. Nothing compared to what Eliud Kipchoge has done today. Funniest thing on the run was people falling over. Imagine a line of 20 running machines with people all starting at the same time to complete the 800m. Several would fall over and shoot off the back of the machine. Your out of here 😂

11 hours ago, Muddy Funker said:

Have you got any naked pictures of Jet? 

Edit: Or Zodiac, or Vogue 😂

If so, I doubt you’d wanna see em now! Their **** are probably down by their belly buttons, walk using a Zimmer frame and soak their dentures every night in Steradent! Lol! 😜

22 hours ago, figgy said:

She almost resembles herself, the pressure for them to look young is getting silly.

How was she, always came across as a ok person.

She was a nice person....always up for a laff, never took herself to seriously....she could be a bit away with fairies when in serious training mind lol

:shaun: