Decent watch (reasonably priced!)

eddoakley

Looking for a watch that's smart enough to wear out but not too expensive to wear every day.

Have been looking at a mid sized date just or an oyster perpetual at around £3k

Does anyone have anything that might suit or any suggestions of other options?

Thanks

Edd

9 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Airking date, white face, Roman numeral dial.

or

Omega sea master planet ocean orange 

Can’t lose money on either of those two.

Did like the look of the airking on watchfinder.  A definite contender.

Not the main consideration but always good to know that if you buy something decent it holds its value.

There's a 60 year old Rolex on watchfinder for the same price as a 10 year old.

Edd

6 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Did like the look of the airking on watchfinder.  A definite contender.

Not the main consideration but always good to know that if you buy something decent it holds its value.

There's a 60 year old Rolex on watchfinder for the same price as a 10 year old.

Edd

If you like the Air King look at the Explorer (1 not 2)  too.

12 minutes ago, figgy said:

Mungler good shout on the Airking with white dial and Roman numerals. Classic understated looks. Getting one with the date in budget might be tricky.

Budget isn't fixed but there seems to be a few that would suit my needs for that kind of money. If there was something that caught my eye then budget is flexible.

I'm quite tempted with the oyster precision black face and strap that's on watchfinder and it's only £2300.

The cheapest air king on there (3450) is probably my favourite of that model too, or perhaps the blue at similar price.

I think that's a good indication of the style that I like if anyone has a suggestion of anything else.

Edd

Edit to say that the air king I was looking at isn't their cheapest.

Edited by eddoakley

Amazed by how much people will pay just for a watch.  I have a Timex Expedition I purchased in 1990 in Macey's store for $15. Apart from batteries and a couple of new straps then this watch has not lost time and has been on my wrist at all times other than when I sleep or wash. A few times it has been fully immersed when I have been fishing or managing the river.

Just amazing value and still looks tidy.   

I purchased my sub date in 2017, I made a promise that if I bought it I’d wear it every day. It is after all a tool watch, extremely tough and designed to take the knocks and more importantly be worn. Personally if you can’t commit to the above, get something cheap. I didn’t want to fall into the buy a watch and keep it in the safe, I mean what’s the point. Even though mine does show a few surface scratches, 1, after a service it will look new and 2, it’s already increased in value anyway. 
do it! Buy the one you want and enjoy it everyday I say!

life’s too short 

BA9B4918-22D6-43F4-B376-820AA577FE8B.jpeg

Edited by TK421

Possibly not what I started out looking for but I'm struggling to get past this at the moment:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/Oyster Precision/6694/36084/item/138880?searchId=9bd145f2-8b8a-41cf-b3b9-61c10a9dd0d8&rank=7

The simple looks and the age appeal to me and, as has been mentioned, I'm sure it can only increase in value.

The only problem is that I might have to end up with something else too as it doesn't really fit with what I was initially looking for!

Edd