Day of shooting wanted

Hi all,

Im looking for a days shooting either pheasant or pheasant and partridge or even a mixed day, all either driven or walked up I’ll consider anything within 2-3 hours drive of SR8, if anybody knows of anything or needs an extra gun for a driven day let me know. Im not looking to spend thousands just to be clear.

cheers

32 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

If you are on Facebook search affordable game days pop a post up on there with you're location travel distance and price you wish to pay for the day I'm sure you will have plenty of good offers 👍

Thanks stephen i thought there would be a facebook page then thought with there political views on shooting that there may not be but I’ll for sure have a look on there 

I have also tried guns on pegs I’m not too keen on signing up to be honest if that data base ever got into the wrong hands some one would have home addresses for a fair few thousand people who more than likely have a firearm in their possession, it may just be me over thinking it but until im desperate I’ll be keeping my home address to my self :D cheers

Punch in 'Affordable Days'.... Richard Gray has a few guns on days throughout this season and I have shot with his operation for four years now and he works very hard to see you have a good time. I am shooting with him this next week at Grimsthorpe on a small day.    He is on Guns on Pegs as well. All of his areas are in Linconshire so easy access from London and there are one or two overnight spots I can recommend.

Edited by Walker570

30 minutes ago, Outdoorsman said:

Thanks stephen i thought there would be a facebook page then thought with there political views on shooting that there may not be but I’ll for sure have a look on there 

I have also tried guns on pegs I’m not too keen on signing up to be honest if that data base ever got into the wrong hands some one would have home addresses for a fair few thousand people who more than likely have a firearm in their possession, it may just be me over thinking it but until im desperate I’ll be keeping my home address to my self  cheers

Why not try your local estate's , game keepers or shooting agents to let you know if there is any cancellations, if you can attend at short notice you might be able to pick up a good day at cut price. all the best in finding a day .

26 minutes ago, figgy said:

Used to get some good affordable days off guns on pegs but last few years there all far too expensive.

Many Estates are now refusing to put on less than 150 birds and I agree it gets expensive.  Richard Gray at Affordable Days has come across this problem but he has worked hard and found a few sensible priced days.  OK, I fully apprciate it cost as much to hire beaters for 80 to 100 bird days as for 150 bird, but some estates manage to do it.  Had a superb day at Catton estate last week, 8 guns fully driven partridge  £320  based on 80 birds ... we shot 90 and saw a lot of birds and had to be a bit picky.

The best days I went on were the stand one beat one organized by the keepers. No beaters to pay, just split into two teams and and had good days sport on some nice estates. They all seem to have gone and only commercial days now.

Some good cheap days were around £25.00 per bird in four or five years it's doubled. As you say estates have put bigger days on.

39 minutes ago, Outdoorsman said:

Sadly lead breakfast never got back to me hopefully something will come up

He does sometimes take a while to reply. I’m booked in for this Saturday and the 28th of December. I know there’s a few pegs free this Saturday with him. Give him another message with your number and he will give you a ring.