Paul Gascoigne

B725

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s a bit more complicated than that; as for Gascoigne, I laughed out loud when I heard his excuses on the news. I’m assuming he’s hoping the jury have just arrived from another planet. 🙂

Erm ,, no its not Scully. Tankfully i managed to control what i consumed a week, so i know its possible, and i didnt have the funding that the drunken had. 

Dont take that personally Scully, i am certianly not having a pop. 😉

The guys a public nuisance, what ever game him the right to do what he did, not only in this case but any other, he was a 15 minute so called celeb that kicked a football about. Even on the pitch he was as self righteous wally. he still thinks he's something special. 

Special needs yes. 

38 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Erm ,, no its not Scully. Tankfully i managed to control what i consumed a week, so i know its possible, and i didnt have the funding that the drunken had. 

The guys a public nuisance, what ever game him the right to do what he did, not only in this case but any other, he was a 15 minute so called celeb that kicked a football about. Even on the pitch he was as self righteous wally. he still thinks he's something special. 

Special needs yes. 

I’m afraid it is a bit more complicated. 
A one time friend is basically a functioning alcoholic and a sister of OH died due to her addiction. Both have and had underlying mental issues; you can’t sort out the drink problem until you have a grip on the causes. The thing with alcoholics is that they’ll very rarely admit they have a problem of any kind. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Special needs yes. 

The bit I've highlighted is a load of twaddle🥴  You've obviously got little idea about football🥴

He may have had the money back in the day, but he also had the pressures that go with that kind of wealth and fame………  and if alcoholism is blanket curable, then why do so many suffer from it?  The fact is, for many it isn't as simple as just wanting to give up.

Got no sympathy for addicts as its self inflicted , if you take drugs or alcohol you must suffer the consequences. Why should the tax payer always pay for these addicts.  On the news the other day that heroine addicts are to be supplied with drugs to help them , dont understand they be better off euthanised. 

Yes the guy was spoilt and is mentally weak, couldn’t handle the fame and money that came with his natural talent as a footballer, couldn’t handle his life during and after football, finds his courage in a bottle, under the influence, he says and does stupid things and tries to entertain and impress by being an outrageous joker, in order to hide his feeling of inadequacy when sober!.............it worked when he was young, famous and had money, but not now!......Needs help but won’t accept it....pathetic and sad!

That’s my unqualified Psychoanalysis on him! lol!

18 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Yes the guy was spoilt and is mentally weak, couldn’t handle the fame and money that came with his natural talent as a footballer, couldn’t handle his life during and after football, finds his courage in a bottle, under the influence, he says and does stupid things and tries to entertain and impress by being an outrageous joker, in order to hide his feeling of inadequacy when sober!.............it worked when he was young, famous and had money, but not now!......Needs help but won’t accept it....pathetic and sad!

That’s my unqualified Psychoanalysis on him! lol!

Qualified now! spot on.

The only word I can think of is sad. His life is just so desperately sad. Every time he hits the press, it's because he's dug himself into yet another hole. He fails to see the consequences of his actions and can't cope when confronted with them. Time and again it's the same old story. He lurches from one calamity to another.

Now more people know him for the post football antics than his irrepressible talent. 

I've known some very good guys who have wrecked their own and others lives through their addiction to alcohol. To those who say that it's self-inflicted, it's really not. The vast majority of people who drink never get on the hook in the first place. Others get on the hook but, in fishing terms, are lip-hooked and can, with a determined effort, shake themselves free. But there are some who have swallowed the hook right down and it's just impossible for them to get themselves off the line no matter how hard they try.

And I think Gascoigne is one of those. The sad part is that you just know how it's going to end because it's an old, old movie.

42 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I've known some very good guys who have wrecked their own and others lives through their addiction to alcohol. To those who say that it's self-inflicted, it's really not. The vast majority of people who drink never get on the hook in the first place. Others get on the hook but, in fishing terms, are lip-hooked and can, with a determined effort, shake themselves free. But there are some who have swallowed the hook right down and it's just impossible for them to get themselves off the line no matter how hard they try.

And I think Gascoigne is one of those. The sad part is that you just know how it's going to end because it's an old, old movie.

Yup. The budget might change, but the results are the same 😞

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

A more pertinent question would be, why do they drink? 

For some people, I'm sure that's just how they are. Why do collies head sheep? A border collie born and brought up in a town, that's never seen sheep, won't know what he's been missing until he encounters them. But once he does his instinct will kick in and it'll be a -  this is IT! moment for the dog. Like a terrier looking down a hole - the same thing.

I'm absolutely convinced that there are people for whom the first drink is like that.

Another George Best only with half the talent Best had!

If that!

I worked with a guy who was in the same class at school with Gazza, even then, he was a nuisance, a big headed and inflated self promoting arrogant *****.

I can't remember, but might his issues stem from getting involved in drinking sprees with "5 bellies and Chris Evans"? Either way, he was a grown man with the ability to regulate his own behaviour.

It's self inflicted as far as I can understand. He should be given no publicity, not allowed to have anything published or be invited onto any TV shows, he's a car crash waiting to happen and the press and media know this. Keeping him in the public eye is not helping him.