Scotland Ref#2

ditchman

Please remember that the unionist vote is split 3 ways but all the zoomers only vote for 1 party, so the SNP are elected. Their performance in Scotland has been terrible since they've been 'in power' (Scottish budget cut by 1.8%, they cut local councils budgets by >7% then blamed theTories), but still people vote for them. 

Because of the Lib Dems poor performance the SNP are now the 3rd largest party in Westminster which is why they get so much exposure. We (the vast majority in Scotland) are as sick of hearing from the Nasty party as you are, worse we get it on local news too.

They are enjoying a bit of a 'brexit bounce' depite the fact that they'd have had us out of the EU in 2014 without a second thought. They are also punting  "An independent Scotland in the EU" as an alternative to Brexit, even though it would take us _many_ years of austerity to meet the economic requirements for entry. Unfortunately the press _never_ challenges them on this, which is maddening.  

As the saying almost goes, if you can see their lips moving they're lying or being hypocritical. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

So "she " is calling for Ref #2 for next year.............

She's probably not. 

She knows they'd lose so has been continually stringing the sheeples along for as long as she can. She's on more than the PM, her husband is the CEO of "the party" so between them they're raking it in. 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I bet I’m not alone as an English man in getting sick and tired of the endless anti union, anti Westminster spite, bile and whinging rhetoric coming out particularly from the SNP in Westminster and in the Scottish Parliament!...........Scotland, NI and Wales are part of this country the same as Yorkshire, Norfolk, Cornwall or any other part of the UK is!......rather than them getting independence, I am fast forming the opinion, that the devolved parliaments should be abolished, and bought back under the total control of one Parliament!

hope you are not refering to the N.L.F....................Norfolk Liberation Front ....a deadly ...commited ...secrete underground...resistance movement...it was started by Queen Boadecia...years ago 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I bet I’m not alone as an English man in getting sick and tired of the endless anti union, anti Westminster spite, bile and whinging rhetoric coming out particularly from the SNP in Westminster and in the Scottish Parliament!...........Scotland, NI and Wales are part of this country the same as Yorkshire, Norfolk, Cornwall or any other part of the UK is!......rather than them getting independence, I am fast forming the opinion, that the devolved parliaments should be abolished, and bought back under the total control of one Parliament!

I bet many in the EU feel the same about us. 

Independence for Scotland is about heart not head. 

3 minutes ago, London Best said:

Ppp’s  me off the way the Sturgeon woman says ‘Westminster’ has no right to rule on anything Scottish but is quite happy for the Scottish Nasty Party to vote in Westminster on everyone else’s business.

That's no one else's fault but the English for not sorting it out in the first place. 

15 hours ago, ditchman said:

So "she " is calling for Ref #2 for next year.............

i remember the previous thread....it was long and in some parts nasty.........my contribution was that i thought it a great shame that such a great part of Britain hates us that much ...they want to leave...........

quite honestly ........i would be quite happy to give Scotland their independence now without a vote as i am sick and bloody tired of them moaning every bloody day spitting out their unfounded bile at us English.

sorry but that is the way i feel about it now 

Calm down , the wicked witch from the west does not speak for all Scots, her words are sheer arrogance.   Living on the Border tend to have as many friends south as north.  Me I just regard my Northumberland neighbours as fellow Scots who have had the mis fortune to be born south of the Tweed.

Blackpowder

15 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Typical re-moaner rhetoric from the dwarf....another vote, cause the first one didn't go her way, & I'll wager a third if the second fails.

I cannot see the Scottish people been that stupid, if, & it's a big if, they vote for independence , it'll look like another hard border,

also doubt they'll be able to keep Sterling, & I doubt the EU would have another member feeding off the EU tit.

Ehmm you got it wrong there missed a word out before ,'dwarf' kindly insert poison there next time.

Blackpowder

1 hour ago, Nial said:

Please remember that the unionist vote is split 3 ways but all the zoomers only vote for 1 party, so the SNP are elected. Their performance in Scotland has been terrible since they've been 'in power' (Scottish budget cut by 1.8%, they cut local councils budgets by >7% then blamed theTories), but still people vote for them. 

Because of the Lib Dems poor performance the SNP are now the 3rd largest party in Westminster which is why they get so much exposure. We (the vast majority in Scotland) are as sick of hearing from the Nasty party as you are, worse we get it on local news too.

They are enjoying a bit of a 'brexit bounce' depite the fact that they'd have had us out of the EU in 2014 without a second thought. They are also punting  "An independent Scotland in the EU" as an alternative to Brexit, even though it would take us _many_ years of austerity to meet the economic requirements for entry. Unfortunately the press _never_ challenges them on this, which is maddening.  

As the saying almost goes, if you can see their lips moving they're lying or being hypocritical. 

Spot on Nial :good:

49 minutes ago, ditchman said:

hope you are not refering to the N.L.F....................Norfolk Liberation Front ....a deadly ...commited ...secrete underground...resistance movement...it was started by Queen Boadecia...years ago 

Bring back the barricades at kings Lynn and Barton mills .

harnser

56 minutes ago, islandgun said:

A Billy Connolly quote sums it up for me " The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one, dont vote it only encourages them"... the woman is a prime example as to why that quote is true

25 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Sturgeon is just a racist 

Looks to me like a large dose of Gynophobia. 

I think she keeps pushing for another vote as she wants to be known as the first President of Scotland 

Like her mentor Wee Fat Eck but its funny now hes accused of sexual offences she never mentions him now but if he goes to trail next year shes going to be dragged into it she and him where as thick as thieves and she knew everything he was up to so she must get pulled as a witness and i cant see her coming out of that untarnished , so hopefully then she will resign  

1 minute ago, Bigbob said:

I think she keeps pushing for another vote as she wants to be known as the first President of Scotland 

Like her mentor Wee Fat Eck but its funny now hes accused of sexual offences she never mentions him now but if he goes to trail next year shes going to be dragged into it she and him where as thick as thieves and she knew everything he was up to so she must get pulled as a witness and i cant see her coming out of that untarnished , so hopefully then she will resign  

isnt he earning money on "Russia Today".....?

11 hours ago, Bobba said:

she never mentions how Scotland will finance itself after a successful independence. If HM Treasury withdrew all Scottish funding calculated under the Barnet Formula could Scotland be self financing? I admit I do not know the answer but it's a vital part of the debate.

Yes Scotland could very much be self funding, but with very significant adjustment.  Just now around 52% of the Scottish workforce are either directly or indirectly funded by the state, if you then take out unemployed, pensioners, students etc and those that are non tax net contributive the actual wealth generation in Scotland, from personal taxation is somewhere between 12%-15% of the working population.  A very large percentage of that number are also fairly socially mobile so punitive taxation, relative to the rUK would be a bold gamble.

11 hours ago, oowee said:

You have PR and with the SNP a certain vision for the future it's a lot more than we get from Westminster. We do not even have our own English Parliament. 

Agreed that PR is an improvement over FPTP, however the vision as you describe it offered by the SNP is in reality no more than the loose outline promises of the leave campaign during the Brexit debate.  It is really rather baseless, but of course as we know emotional argument is powerful.

I agree that Westminster is without vision, the clamour to occupy the centre ground has meant policy approaches of appeasement and a fear of causing upset.  As a result the parties have rendered themselves impotent in many ways.  You could perhaps argue that much of the narrative played out during the debate on Brexit is a consequence of that.  The desire to follow a charismatic leader to a destination unknown is better than bobbing back and forth with the tide.  I think, however, that Brexit is far more complex and likewise the debate in Scotland is too.

I am ideologically opposed to big government and excessive state control, so i support brexit for that and by the same token i should support Scottish independence.  If the underlying narrative was one of being entrepreneurial and beneficially disruptive in terms of things like education and a lessening of dependence on the state, I would vote for it, however the expectation set by the SNP is very different from that and based on entitlement and that is a social disaster in the making.