Any carpenters on here?

Townie

Our attic is accessed through a small door in the wall.

I’m thinking about getting a set of steps made with a hinge at the top so the steps can be pulled out to get into the attic and then folded away behind the door when not in use.

Any thoughts on how much? The steps will be a maximum of 2 feet wide. The door is 2 feet from the floor, so I’d imagine we’re looking at 3 risers.

Any suggestions for a likely carpenter is SE London also gratefully received.

3 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

@team tractor is the man even though hes tamworth based. He'll make you a thing of great beauty...it may or may not come with blood stains depending on if he lops off various appendages or not 😉 hes an artist...like Van Gough 😂👂

The only similarity is the cutting of his body parts though 😂😂

8 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Team tractor is your man

Thank you 👍

3 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

@team tractor is the man even though hes tamworth based. He'll make you a thing of great beauty...it may or may not come with blood stains depending on if he lops off various appendages or not 😉 hes an artist...like Van Gough 😂👂

Ha ha cheers 

37 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

The only similarity is the cutting of his body parts though 😂😂

Your a big meanie 😂😂😂

To be fair your as well using winnie and bezza  ( Nathan )

hes more your direction but it’s a simple job. 

@winnie&bezza

12 hours ago, Townie said:

Our attic is accessed through a small door in the wall.

I’m thinking about getting a set of steps made with a hinge at the top so the steps can be pulled out to get into the attic and then folded away behind the door when not in use.

Any thoughts on how much? The steps will be a maximum of 2 feet wide. The door is 2 feet from the floor, so I’d imagine we’re looking at 3 risers.

Any suggestions for a likely carpenter is SE London also gratefully received.

would this work https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Retro-Folding-Kitchen-Step-Stool/132966759495?hash=item1ef56fbc47:g:I64AAOSwVDpcdGYH

Thank you Saltings. There’s a modern version from Ikea and I think I’ll be looking for something like that.

I don’t visit the attic that often, so I don’t need a high tech solution. It’s just a matter of advancing years meaning that I can no longer jump into the attic with one step.