Old Topics

Stonepark

3 hours ago, Stonepark said:

There appears to be a continued resurgance of historic topics/ threads by one off posters, can admin lock these historic threads automatically after 12 months of no posts to the topic?

I'm a bit confused buddy , what harm does it do ?.I might be missing something obvious here.👍.

It would just be nice if New Members spent a while searching through all the good information.

Rather than either starting with "I am sure this has been asked before, but"...........................

Or adding to an old thread with an irrelevant post and showing that they haven't looked at how old or out of date they are!

12 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It would just be nice if New Members spent a while searching through all the good information.

Rather than either starting with "I am sure this has been asked before, but"...........................

Or adding to an old thread with an irrelevant post and showing that they haven't looked at how old or out of date they are!

Some of the new members might be like me dave , I'm a complete technophobe,  I was probably on pw for a few years before I realised that you can search old posts, or that you could pm another member , I still can't post a pic or a link to something , lin and the kids have been trying to teach me for years , but it just won't go in. 

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Some of the new members might be like me dave , I'm a complete technophobe,  I was probably on pw for a few years before I realised that you can search old posts, or that you could pm another member , I still can't post a pic or a link to something , lin and the kids have been trying to teach me for years , but it just won't go in. 

Don't use the forum's search, it's...not very good. Use Google to search within the forum.

As to the OP's point: That's a big fat no from me too, I'm new to this shooting malarky, and using the above method will be a darn site quicker if people resurrect old threads with updated queries or responses.  Starting yet another new thread has no value, and just duplicates and/or scatters the information.