First time driven guest clothing needed!!

R6demon

Hi all,

Ive been invited to a paid driven day through guns on pegs,  but I’m having the ultimate nightmare normally reserved for women, that I don’t have anything to wear!!

i do a reasonable of beating and field shooting but I don’t want to look like the Farmers cousin when I rock up in my usual attire from ridgeline, Aigle and Decathalon!

the other issues I have are:

a) I’m rather small 5’5 38 in chest 30/32 waist 29 inside leg 

b) the chance of me using this kit again is slim

c) I have 2 weeks to sort this but working in Aus for another 10 days!

d) I can’t wear scratchy materials next to my skin (I know I know!!)

any suggestions??? Can you hire smart field wear??

HELP!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, JDog said:

Don’t spoil your own enjoyment of the forthcoming day by worrying about what you look like. Your behaviour will be more important.

Your post shows good humour. Keep it up.

exactly this...............but wear a nice shirt and tie.........and take a pair of slip on shoes for to change into for lunch or at the end of the day.........

I thought I'd treat myself last month and got a harris tweed jacket and waistcoat and matching tie  from moss bros, they were £179 together but if you know a student you can get another 20%. 

I wouldn't normally spend so much but I look at it like I shouldn't have to buy another set for a long while now. 

hello, i think JDs right, if it is a one off shoot day just find some country clothing try like Dave mentioned, if your lucky to get another invite or other days shooting you can think again, shame your so far as have a nice tweed shooting coat i never wear in small size, hope you get sorted and good luck on the day, cheers 

16 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Your size gives you the advantage in finding something in any sale. John Norris is a prime example, towards the end there's usually just the very small and the very large sizes remaining on offer.

Great if you can wait for the end of season sale!

The shoot is in TWO WEEKS!

9 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Read and inwardly digest as I was often told. The clue is in the words " prime example". I've already received a slack handful of sale brochures from the 'country' type outlets

Which helps you but not the OP who may be better trying to borrow some clothing for the day!

Boots, moleskins, check shirt, green tie, V neck jumper, tidy coat and a cap and you'll be fine. That's my attire for shooting, first driven day was 2 years ago at the Rhug taking FIL's place. I thought of look like a poor relation but it was all I had and was all tidy just not what I had in my head as 'proper' shooting gear. I looked absolutely fine. Couldnt justify buying a set of breaks for the odd day maybe 2 a season when I can wear moleskins for loads of other country activities. 

As others have said regards moleskins or even just Chino trousers in mustard marroon green brown etc with checked shirt and jumper in suitable colour or go to decathlon and you can buy green or  brown trousers and matching shoot vest for not a lot. With a tie and shirt you'll look fine.

John Norris usually have some cheap sale items and Sportsman's Gun Center do a range, my choice is Yorkshire Trading Company if you need something quick and cheap.

Edited by figgy

Thank you for all the replies guys. 

I managed to find this on ebay and the seller threw a shirt in as well!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113926869550

i just need to find some socks and I’m sorted as I have a Tie and ridgeline coat!

Are wellies suitable footwear? Or should I find a set of boots?

as the wife pointed out, I can use this when I go beating anyway!