First time driven guest clothing needed!!

R6demon

Just be careful that whatever clothes you buy are a decent fit , you will be under a handicap if say your jacket is to tight or your boots are to small or far to big . you want to swing your gun with ease and your drives might involve a lot of walking to your pegs .

Most clothes that blend in with countryside are fine , wellies or boots depending on the conditions , Green moleskin or chinos are fine , check shirt and tie and if the weather is cold then a Green or Brown jumper , coat need to be loose and preferably waterproof .

What not to wear are mainly camo clothing , and bright colours , oh and a cartridge belt is not normally worn , if you haven't got a cartridge bag then keep the cartridges in your pocket .

Enjoy your day and let us know how it went .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most important a decent shirt and  a    (  tie out of respect for the quarry you are about to harvest most important)      (my opinion )  most garments are  available on a well known auction site   do not turn up in chav attire or jeans             respect your quarry  regardless   ,   a cartridge belt or brass zipper on your barber jacket will scratch the daylights   out of your stock   if you don't have the gear wear a tie and neutral colours enjoy the day   with a cartridge bag or pockets      take from the day what you see  as early season,      when it gets cold a decent tweed jacket +trousers/ breeks needed  for warmth  for you         most of the hype is about opening  your wallet,      if you are frugal you can look for clothing  for less,  and shoot more  the last few seasons I shot in a jumper and a Gillet as was not cold enough to wear anything else  since  2010     (old school keep warm travel light )   don't get taken in by hype buy what's needed and improve on the basics as you go and get it right,,,       too many have all the gear and no idea   for a day or two shooting  ,  when spending  less on glamour means more shooting 

23 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Why is there is a dress code to go shooting ? Can't you just turn up comfy 

One simple word...TRADITION ....just about covers it.    One small shoot I am on has a fine for not wearing a tie and also for swearing. 

It really is the same reason why I have no respect for chav idiots in politics and business who think it's cool....now there is a word out of place..... to not wear a tie at formal functions etc.

I suppose it makes them feel like Rambo or something.

The ‘dress code’ IS comfy. Comfy for what it is designed to do in the outdoors in Autumn/Winter. Tweed is superb for this and plus twos or plus fours are a very practical garment with boots ( no mud on trouser bottoms) and are unbeatable with wellies ( nothing worse/more uncomfortable than trousers tucked in welly boots).    A tie keeps you at least 10% warmer and the whole lot looks smart. There are good reasons why the ‘dress code’ has evolved. 

Edited by London Best
Punctuation

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

Thank to this thread I have bought this on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

if I had a jacket half as nice as that Paul I would be better dressed than my ex boss  :yes: , that is certainly a nice jacket , one problem would be the keeper will think you have got deep pockets when it comes to the golden hand shake in the game larder :lol:

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Don't be silly ...there is nothing such as half Norfolk, ask Ditchie, either yoru in or your not ...no, better ask Fat Sarah:yay:

she's not a "half" girl............with her its in or out with comments like "is it in yet ?....and they reply yes it is it is it is it is it is........................(echo you see)