Any Insignia owners? (Radio Stations)

SuperGoose75

So we recently got an Insignia and it has an 8'' touch screen on the dash. I'm having trouble saving my favourite radio stations. Ive tried online and watched youtube videos but none have any info on what I'm looking for!

As in older cars you just had to hold on your usually 1-6 buttons for a few seconds and it would save into the device. There are no buttons on the dash of the Insignia to do this. The previous owners radio stations are saved as they come up along the bottom of the screen but pushing on them to save what I want saved does not work! Anyone know how it is done? Thanks.

You would think that would be the case but it doesn't seem to work for us. We also tried giving it voice commands to do so but to no avail. Everything else on the screen seems to work so I doubt it's a issue with the screen.

Another thing is despite having the 8'' touch screen we assumed it would have Sat Nav. However the Sat Nav icon is not present on the Screen or trip computer. A strange one but that does not bother us so much as we can use or phones. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

Have you tried plugging your phone in for Android Auto or Apple's Car play? They've had a few different models of stereo and not all come with the same features, especially in the higher models (that seem to have fewer features as standard)

The Wife who is more techy than I has her phone paired up with it. I will show what you have put as she will understand it more.

Vaukhall/Opel seem to play about a lot with Specs ect..! This Car is the Limeted Edition 163bhp and basically is the facelift SRI with the absence of rear tinted windows. They have  giving the car extras like heated front seats,heated  sports steering wheel and then take away rear electric windows🤔 

I'll have another play about with it when the Wife gets home this evening and show her your advice on the Phone apps. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Demonic69 said:

Don't you just hold on the button for the station you want to save?

I'll check with the Mrs on hers

Edited by SuperGoose75

7 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Another thing is despite having the 8'' touch screen we assumed it would have Sat Nav. However the Sat Nav icon is not present on the Screen or trip computer. A strange one but that does not bother us so much as we can use or phones. Thanks.

It's commonplace with modern cars to have the satnav and it's data files supplied on an SD card. The chances are pretty good that the system software is exactly the same for all models of the Insignia in which case all you have to do is buy the card and plug it in. Might be worth having a look on good old fleaBay.

Have  you tried tuning the radio in with the settings icon on the screen.i now you do on the Mokka which is the same screen.

you only get sat nav on certain models .but the same screen with all the icons installed by no software .

have you tried the dealers they will show you how it works 

Edited by Lansdowne

Thanks for the replies fellas. 

I spent awhile with it last night and just can't figure out how it's done. Ive read the instruction book and still cant get my head around it. Ive tried the setting icon which takes you into the radio settings and ''manage favourites. Ive got as far as (pick something to save) but  I've pressed the Audio icon and it saves Audio into the number I've chosen. I just can' t see how to save the stations.

Just after having an old friend call who is an insignia driver ''although he was in another car today'' He told me he just tunes to a station and then presses the number on screen to save. This is the most obvious and practical way it has always has been done ,so maybe there is an issue with the screen as it doesn't work for us.

The Dealer we bought the car from is a few hours away but there is Opel/Vaukhall dealer not to far away so I may give them a shout if I dont get it sorted. The Pigeon Watch massive rarely disappoints when seeking answers to something so thats why I put it out there. Thanks for the replies👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/11/2019 at 22:52, TheGreenknight said:

Did you manage to get this sorted goose

Unfortunately I haven't! I sort of gave up on it and just use the tuner or voice command for required stations.

I've recently joined an Insignia owner group on FB so might just ask on there to see if anyone can shed any light on it.

PS The wife drives it every day to work and she usually has some ''**** Cd'' in such as Westlife😠 I only use it on some weekends or if we are going on a long distance drive. Football game ect..!

Edited by SuperGoose75