Rat Shooting in liverpool!

TIGHTCHOKE

The problem of Rats in Liverpool urban areas such as L8, is very great. As the mayor says the problem is about removing the food sources. The problem is also very extreme in neighbouring Bootle L20. 
The real issue is the life style of many of those who live in these areas. The common areas have been cleaned up quite well but time after time I have seen piles of rotting refuse in private back yards which will feed the army of Rats. Education is required with incentives to get the rubbish culture changed. It’s not poverty but lifestyles which have degenerated for decades.

40 - 50 years ago there was more visible pride and obvious cleanliness in the areas now affected by rats.

Jobs were lost with the mechanisation of the docks when the container port was developed and the shear numbers required for dock labour disappeared. There are families where 3 generations have not worked. The social apathy is palpable.

An education program from the Nursery and Junior schools upward could work as children can have a real impact on changing family habits.

I agree with the mayor, shooting in the streets will have no chance of controlling the rat problem in Liverpool and I for one would not want to walk the streets of Liverpool 8 with an air rifle worth £1000 + in the hours of darkness!

Edited by Fisheruk

2 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

The problem of Rats in Liverpool urban areas such as L8, is very great. As the mayor says the problem is about removing the food sources. The problem is also very extreme in neighbouring Bootle L20. 
The real issue is the life style of many of those who live in these areas. The common areas have been cleaned up quite well but time after time I have seen piles of rotting refuse in private back yards which will feed the army of Rats. Education is required with incentives to get the rubbish culture changed. It’s not poverty but lifestyles which have degenerated for decades.

40 - 50 years ago there was more visible pride and obvious cleanliness in the areas now affected by rats.

Jobs were lost with the mechanisation of the docks when the container port was developed and the shear numbers required for dock labour disappeared. There are families where 3 generations have not worked. The social apathy is palpable.

An education program from the Nursery and Junior schools upward could work as children can have a real impact on changing family habits.

I agree with the mayor, shooting in the streets will have no chance of controlling the rat problem in Liverpool and I for one would not want to walk the streets of Liverpool 8 with an air rifle worth £1000 + in the hours of darkness!

I was working in l8 the other day there is a lot of litter and bin bags left around the back of properties etc I was working in student accommodation...that's another level of mess , litter , rotting food and empty beer and vodka bottles 

• 2 months later...