Plastic wad change

Can you not look for a recipe for the wad and components you have got.  Put your components on here and a member might have a recipe for you.

I change wads at will but it's not recommended, can push pressures over the limit.

Edited by figgy

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Can you not look for a recipe for the wad and components you have got.  Put your components on here and a member might have a recipe for you.

I change wads at will but it's not recommended, can push pressures over the limit.

Hi figgy,

cheers for the reply. Someone on the Facebook group was able to advise me about changing the wads & altering the powder charge. Someone a lot more experienced than me.

1 hour ago, dipper said:

Like Figgy  I change wads all the time.Like Figgy says it’s not recommended.I drop my powder right down  then put it back .I learned a lot from David Garrard. I’ve also been loading 50 years.

Charming, lovely man. He was kind enough to write a Forward for a booklet that I'd produced. With his help my late father perfected a 12 bore genuine 2" fibre wadded crimped cartridge. I know that another member has a superb momento of him. For the youngsters, he wrote for many years in the Shooting Times with the nom de plume of 'Homeloader'. His book on loading is available at Abe's Books.