places to try guns in California

Old Bull

Planning a trip to California next year and I would like to have a go with some handguns and machines guns at a range whilst i'm over there. I think California has fairly strict gun controls so I might be better going to Nevada for a day or two? Looking for recommendations on where I could go in either state and what guns you guys would recommend trying out! Also whats the legality on bringing a couple spent cases back to the UK?

Edited by Old Bull

Battlefield lasvegas is the Mecca of shooting machine guns in Nevada.  California is the most liberal state in the union.  Plus Vegas is a cool town if your into hookers, gambling, all you can eat buffets and general debauchery. 

https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/ not cheap but open 365 days a year.  Much cheaper to rent at Big sandy shoot, but that’s only twice a year.  But they fly r/c airplane to shoot at and other cool stuff. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

I went to Gun Garage in Vegas which was excellent, I shot everything from handguns through to semi automatic rifles. My absolute favourite was the Desert Eagle, it was like a cannon! I got a deal on the Las Vegas Groupon which worked out pretty good, all the big ranges offer pick up/drop off from hotels too. 

Can't comment on the hookers 😇 but Vegas is an awesome place to visit, so much to do.