Seriously thinking about another hunting lodge.

NoBodyImportant

3 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

Sounds great.  100 acres is a nice size, not too big that you can't get round it in a few hours.  The pond for fishing and ducks. Looks like there are some woods? Do you think there'll be any deer? 

Oh yeah,  that part of Appalachia is loaded.  And $500 an acre is not bad for that part of the country.  

1 minute ago, figgy said:

You not better off renting s lodge for the few times a year.

Can’t pass a rented lodge down the the grandkids. Plus I’m trying to cash out of the stock market. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

We’re only here once; if you can afford it and it makes you smile, then go for it. 
Enjoy. 👍

100%  Not only a good investment but even if you only manage three or four times a year then always something to look forward to.  Also to have a few more frequent visits you could also let friends use it occasionally .......:drinks:........ nudge nudge:rolleyes:

Yes, it will be fun.  But it’s a investment that I can enjoy.  I just paid way more for 25 acres here in NC. This land is cheap as there is no electricity available in this part of the state.  It’s to far of the grid.  But the grid is coming that way and it will be there before I retire.  If electric was available now this land would be 2/5k per acre and not $500. Plus banks won’t loan on land that doesn’t has electricity availability so that drives down price. The road is state owned but not under state maintenances.  If there are school children living up that hollow then the state will make it bus passable.  So I could always register my son up there for one semester.  

3 hours ago, Scully said:

We’re only here once; if you can afford it and it makes you smile, then go for it. 
Enjoy. 👍

I will have to dip into my retirement stock portfolio but I have been wanting out of the stock market for a while. The US has a ton of Obama bonds coming to maturity plus it’s getting election time again.    

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

100%  Not only a good investment but even if you only manage three or four times a year then always something to look forward to.  Also to have a few more frequent visits you could also let friends use it occasionally .......:drinks:........ nudge nudge

:good: How does that work for errr , visitors, ie  firearms ect , just out of interest..

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Looks great go for it and best of luck!

Just out of interest that website you use betterland.org is it a good one and can you suggest anymore. I love to peruse and dream. Yes, Redfin, Zillow, Realtor,  are all good.  If you look out west I have seen land for $100-200 per acre. But in your case you need to look at distances to airports.  But in the USA out west you need to make sure you are also buying minerals rights, and water rights.  You don’t want to find gold/oil on your land only to find out that some one else owns the oil.  Or that your not allowed to water cattle in the creek.  I found this plot on Zillow and it linked to betterland.  Zillow is a listing site for most agents. 

22 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

You have to been a citizen or green card holder to buy firearms but it is perfectly legal to build or be gifted them.  

Thanks, I was thinking more along the lines of say, IF you rented a cabin out on a commercial basis , and 'use of ' firearms  on the land was included ?
Does the owner have to be present ?
Would anyone care , due to its remoteness ?

Ive never heard of anything like that in the States, thought maybe because the law doesnt allow for it ?

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thanks, I was thinking more along the lines of say, IF you rented a cabin out on a commercial basis , and 'use of ' firearms  on the land was included ?
Does the owner have to be present ?
Would anyone care , due to its remoteness ?

Ive never heard of anything like that in the States, thought maybe because the law doesnt allow for it ?

It’s perfectly legal to loan a firearm to anyone that is not known to be a felon. You can rent guns, but liability wise it wouldn’t be a good move.  That why most rental gun places have excellent insurance and safety officers.  You should watch the Chinese tourist at some of the rental places. It’s down right scary.  They will damn near stand in front of the barrel to get a good photo as its firing. Now there are several cabins that I have rented before that had private ranges for the guests to bring their own guns. 

16 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It’s perfectly legal to loan a firearm to anyone that is not known to be a felon. You can rent guns, but liability wise it wouldn’t be a good move.  That why most rental gun places have excellent insurance and safety officers.  You should watch the Chinese tourist at some of the rental places. It’s down right scary.  They will damn near stand in front of the barrel to get a good photo as its firing. Now there are several cabins that I have rented before that had private ranges for the guests to bring their own guns. 

Thanks , good to know :good:

3 hours ago, scouser said:

You’re living the dream,      Remember, The one who dies with the most toys wins.

I might not be,  the wife flipped a **** a and started ripping the the bathrooms out of the house.  😂 I was like what are doing.  She said her new kitchen and bathroom got put on hold for my fishing shack at the beach, then it got put on hold for my hunting land we just bought, and now I’m wanting to buy another piece of hunting land.  She told me to go fish somewhere and she going to hire someone to renovate the house we live in. I’m kinda ugly so I recon I need to keep her happy.    

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I might not be,  the wife flipped a **** a and started ripping the the bathrooms out of the house.  😂 I was like what are doing.  She said her new kitchen and bathroom got put on hold for my fishing shack at the beach, then it got put on hold for my hunting land we just bought, and now I’m wanting to buy another piece of hunting land.  She told me to go fish somewhere and she going to hire someone to renovate the house we live in. I’m kinda ugly so I recon I need to keep her happy.    

Tell the wife if you get the new land,  she can have what she wants, it’s no use having money 💰 if you don’t use it for what you want.