Sign in to follow this  
ShootingEgg

Webber 34 itch float adj

I have recently rebuilt the above carb but now the truck is over fueling at idle. Runs lovely when you drive it but stinks when sat still. Any one on here know how to adjust the float on this? I've heard after rebuilds these carbs can be temprimental, don't really want to admit defeat though. 

Many years ago I was balancing the side draught Webers on my Lotus Cortina. IIRC the float height was set by adjusting (bending) the thin metal float locating arm then gap testing with a feeler gauge.

2 hours ago, Westward said:

Many years ago I was balancing the side draught Webers on my Lotus Cortina. IIRC the float height was set by adjusting (bending) the thin metal float locating arm then gap testing with a feeler gauge.

Yeah I have read this, atleast now I have it seconded by yourself haha, was a bit worried bending wasn't the best idea. 

On 21/10/2019 at 13:22, ShootingEgg said:

Yeah I have read this, atleast now I have it seconded by yourself haha, was a bit worried bending wasn't the best idea. 

IDF webber here.