Barasingha ejectors

Eaf70

Dont know but a photo of the barrel side showing the ejectors will help . There are only a couple of methods used by the continentals so it will be one or the other ,but I can not bring to mind this gun .

Sort of thing a gunsmiths don't think about ,we tend just to look and do , trying to remember every gun we have seen and how each gun is built is not a thing I have done . You just remember the odd or difficult ones .Even then its not always easy to explain .

Thanks, I'll take a pic this evening and post it up tomorrow, hopefully it may jog somebody's memory. I've tried pushing and twisting etc but I don't seem to be getting anywhere and nothing seems to jump out as the obvious thing to do 😂😂

Edited by Eaf70

Not hundred % but the small lug might be what’s holding the ejector in place, the ejectors do not look under spring pressure but if they are try compressing the ejector till its flush with the breech then see if the small lug slides/taps forward toward the muzzle.

If it does move forward, take it out, then the ejectors should slide out, if they are under pressure gently release the pressure on the ejector.

eject.jpg

Edited by old'un

Hold the barrels sideways on in a well padded vice .Push the extractors home with a piece of wood . The small lug will slide forwards and lift up to be removed.Release the pressure on the extractors and let them come out slowly.

Be very careful when doing this as they can come out fast and hurt your fingers .DO NOT attempt to remove them  hand holding .