Volvo XC90

blade

I have a late 2009 model too, it replaced a Disco 3 that stopped working.  Like above, I struggle to find anything bad to say about it and it hasn't put a foot wrong in the (Nearly a) year I've had it.  I am thoroughly impressed with it, completely converted.

Haven't had the need to take it off road, so wouldn't know it's capabilities, but have taken it in snow, and again, it was brilliant.

Cheers

Hayden

had mine for a year now 2004 mk1 diesel auto . replaced my 2003 xtrail

had it across the fields and dirt tracks on my perm and its been fine even with road tyres on was fine in the snow last year 

ive had it remapped for economy and on a run down to Whitstable from Newcastle it averaged around 48 mpg at a steady 70 mph [set on cruise control] 

never had a volvo before and really like it .

repairs are a bit costly tho just had a reconditioned steering rack fitted along with 2 lower ball joints 2 front drop links at a cost of over £650 

Edited by hodge911

23 hours ago, figgy said:

Permanent four wheel drive, nice interior and does fine off-road I've had mine near on three years now and it's nicer to drive than a xtrail. 

My wife loves driving it as it feels safe and solid with a very good driving position.

A nice interior is rubbish off road. 👍

28 minutes ago, figgy said:

Depends what sort of offroading, driving down tracks and accross fields I've been ok. Better on road that lots of other off roaders I've had. Tyres are the main problem.

For me its more the getting in and out with wellies, rather than the driving. 

I got a boot liner and paid an additional £5 for a carpet to fit from same place.....London Car mats?

when boot is going to get dirty I turn mat over so it's rubber side up. Came in handy when wife left tap partly open on 25l water container fromhorse. Caught most of the water BUT some got into nearside rear wheel arch void where the parking sensor ECU lives. Note....they are NOT waterproof

bought a rubber boot mat and small coir boot brush/mat Jobby  from lidl. Stand on it, brush off wellies /boots happy days

also...all rear seats are independatnt so just drop/raise whatever suits your load. No faffing about with a fixed double Third row or a 1/3-2/3 split second row either

still miss our Shogun though

1 hour ago, oowee said:

For me its more the getting in and out with wellies, rather than the driving. 

I have no problems with that. My troubles come from other people getting in and out of my vehicles with wellies and wiping them all over the doors, transmission tunnel, seats, etc, etc, etc. I just don’t know how they manage to do it!

Make them put carrier bags on their feet as they get in. I used to, got sick of all the mud up the backs of seats when people got in the back. Now I put loads of stuff on my seats so no room for passengers, you won't take your motor down so walk there and back is my motto now.

Have you considered an XC70?

Far more room inside for driver and passengers and a truly cavernous estate space. They tend to be a little cheaper than the XC90 and being a little lower a better drive (no body roll). I tow with mine and use it mildly off road. Its AWD and very sure footed.

I found the XC90 to have less head room which is why I bought the XC70. (No comments on my big head please)!

Also auto, wouldn't consider otherwise.

Edited by Centrepin
Addition

• 1 month later...