Kibble

DannyS

For those that feed it, what do you use? So many options out there I don't really know where to start.

Was thinking skinners but had read a few poor reviews - same as Dr johns.

It seems Orijen is the best but not cheap, hoping there was a happy medium.

Thanks for any help.

My dogs used to get all sorts as they got bored with one food all the time. Dr John's silver was wolfed down the gold they weren't fussed on. 

I stopped feeding just dry food and bought big tins of dog meat to mix and they also got table scraps mixed in.

I tried numerous brands of kibble the dog had loose stools on most even the expensive ones.

I now feed him RAW (BARF Diet) although was getting a little bit of inconsistency, sometimes being a little loose and other times a bit too hard. I have recently started a small amount (1 handful) of terrier meal in the evening only with raw green tripe or complete raw mix, and just feed him raw on its own in the morning, since then he has been a lot better. 

Thanks everyone - like the look of CSJ. Will probably look to raw feed in the future when I have a bit more space for an extra fridge/freezer or at least a half and half, with some tripe and lambs heads etc etc.

I had heard some people mention they struggled to keep weight on their dogs raw feeding only, so a bit of kibble was always in the mix - again i guess it depends on the dog 

• 2 weeks later...

honestly my dog a is 13 months old now but bit like me on food gets bored of the same stuff over time. tried a few skinners  and he just turns his nose up to it the duck the muesli mix the slalom one, same for dr johns titanium and same for chudleys working crunch, harringtons , james welbeloved.   But from getting him at 9 weeks old he was on a food called golden fields working puppy that he was fine onto into reach 7 months old and wouldn't touch it not for 3 days on a row. But the worst food going asda hero  and wagg and aldi he will eat but not more than 3 days in a row of each brand but i add a tin of sardines or mackerel to his food, he seems to be doing fine on it loads of energy silky shiny coat but would love to get a better quality food in him but a lot of the dog food only in big bags and it's a shame and expensive to buy a big bag to chuck away if he won't touch it