Benelli SL80 123 chokes

Huntly

Hello, I’m looking for a bit of advice to help a friend, so wondering if anyone can answer this query.  My friend has an old Benelli SL123 that came with only one choke fitted (full choke). This is an externally threaded, extended choke which he finds quite long. He ideally wants to find a shorter choke or even just a thread protecter (to make the gun shorter & easier to get in/out of his cabinet) but we are unsure of the thread used. So far by searching the PW forum I have found that Breda and Franchi have used similar external threaded chokes, but I cannot find a definitive answer as to what will fit the benelli. Any advice will be greatly appreciated and apologies if I’ve missed a glaringly obvious post with this information! 

5E389FEF-4A0D-41A4-9231-3958D1E7D728.jpeg

A080A90F-1571-4638-A908-5016569F9111.jpeg

A76A7000-5297-4F55-8CB9-FFD5BD65901C.jpeg

Thank you London Best and Sereremo. I will suggest to him that getting a custom made thread protecter could be a good option in the meantime, and probably not very expensive considering how easy that should be for someone with the right tools and skills. Also good to know I shouldn’t bid for the Breda choke that I’m watching on a well known auction site!