Wellies for big calves

Demonic69

Hi all.

Following on from the excellent post about wellies recently;

I've got big calves (leg muscles you sex-starved maniacs), 60cm round at the widest point, about 56 where wellies seem to sit. I was hoping for some warm neoprene ones but most seem to fit to scoot about 45cm.

Has anyone seen any with a wider top for fat legs?

Cheers

Sadly you have no chance, mine are 20" 50cm and I had Aigles with the side vent bit opened as wide as would go and still skin tight.

Your only choice is bespoke or full side zip and leave it open a ways down and have a strap fitted to the top. 

I went with some leather Harkila 17" estate boots leaving the backs open, also use leather hiking boots and gaters.

Mine are 22" at the widest point, loose head prop and hoister of heavy things is my excuse - grub stalkers are nice thick rubber on the foot area, and neoprene on the calf, put on like an ankle boot, then roll the calf bit up like putting on a........wetsuit. what did you think I was going to say? 

Had mine for a few years, comfy boot, great grip, warm. Can't recommend them enough for those of us with bigger legs.

15 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Simple solution .

Get some muckboots with neoprene uppers and roll them down a bit .

I do that in the summer to keep my feet a bit cooler .

A bit cooler, I tried Grubs years ago, same design and my legs and feet were soaked wet off sweat after a days beating and shooting. Skin tight on my calves so no airflow.

Could probably order some big leg wellies from America and have them shipped.

Edited by figgy

Be careful when ordering from USA, a friend ordered some 'high' (in height, not smell  😋) leather boots and ended up being hit for the duty. Worked out costing more than sourcing them here. There is, or was, one wellie company offering a wider leg on some of their boots, I just can not remember who it was.

I also have big calves and found out last year le chameau do three sizes in their zip up range, the largest calve size being a very ample 48. These are big enough for me to wear two pairs of long socks and water proof trousers. Most stockists will order a pair on for you to try.    

Evening all. 

I ended up going for Muck Boots Derwent 2s, happened to be in Go Outdoors for something else and spotted them. They're about the same standard opening, but shorter so they just miss the fattest bit.

They were listed at £72 but I'd seen them for £60 online. Told the lass and she price-matched, then took 10% off as per their policy. £54 in the end so I'm a happy bunny!

Cheers for all the advice