Essex lorry deaths

figgy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Note I didn't say POOR victims because they will have found the money to pay for their sly and illegal method to get all the way to this countries free housing and heating, paid for by the tax payer.

Has anyone got a Henry hat?

Care to expand on what you mean by that?

Noted. Many are fleeing and cannot pay, so will be trafficked and paying for many years to come, some things are not as black and white as you seem to think.

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

Noted. Many are fleeing and cannot pay, so will be trafficked and paying for many years to come, some things are not as black and white as you seem to think.

How does that work if they need to claim asylum ?
How does the trafficker keep control of them , when they put into the asylum system and could be shipped off to anywhere in the country ?

More importantly, how do they pay ?
9 times out of 10 they are men , its not very likely they will be put into prostitution, held against their will ect.

So explain what you mean about paying .

11 minutes ago, henry d said:

Care to expand on what you mean by that?

You seem to have a propensity to look down from your high horse to almost anything I post. It might be good for both of us if you put me on your ignore list. :-) 

... and paying for many years to come, some things are not as black and white as you seem to think.

So are willing to get into major debt to get here and live at our expense, which in fact makes things fairly black and white to me. Still feeling sorry for them but they took a gamble to get here.

Edited by Dave-G

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

39 "innocent" people found dead in a lorry and still, somehow, the PW massive find a way to disagree about it 🙄

As they haven't been found guilty of entering the country illegally in a court of law they are innocent but the evidence that we have would indict that they may had broken the law. Not that that warrants the death penalty. 

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

39 "innocent" people found dead in a lorry and still, somehow, the PW massive find a way to disagree about it 🙄

I dont think there is too much doubt that they are dead, we can presume them innocent, and I dont believe anyone has said they were not.

Much like people who do dangerous sporting activities, sail solo , or climb mountains, you stack the odds against you, when it comes to your personal safety.
In this case, we will ASSUME that the intention of the traffickers was not for the migrants to die, its not good for repeat custom.

If you are going to allow someone to seal you inside a lorry, get shoved in the bowels of a ship on a North sea crossing, then hope to be dumped on the side of a road in Blighty, then you perhaps have to accept there will be some risk involved.
Of which you must take some responsibility. 

Would be a short thread if we all just agreed how terrible it was , then just carried on watching Coro ?

1 minute ago, Vince Green said:

not innocent

🙄

Who thinks it's right that they have named the lorry driver who has been charged with suspicion of murder?  He may be completely innocent of anything to do with the people in the trailer, but people say there's no smoke without fire and i think itss wrong to name him and show a picture of him on the BBC news website. Disgusting..

Edited by peck

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

But theyve come from the EU !
So no need to check anything :whistling:

In all seriousness , how many borders, how many ferry crossings, how many ports of entry has this container been through ?
In this case , it was full of people, FULL of people , not 2 or 3 , who sadly died.

Now imagine it was full of guns, explosives, drugs , hazardous chemicals, bio agents, or any of the other things useful to terrorists or criminals that fit into a container?

Into Belfast from Cherbourg then down to Dublin and across to Holihead, taking the shortest route from France to England obviously ...think that would ring a bell for most intelligent people.

17 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Into Belfast from Cherbourg then down to Dublin and across to Holihead, taking the shortest route from France to England obviously ...think that would ring a bell for most intelligent people.

Actually that was what the tractor unit had done, not the trailer which was collected from Purfleet docks. So chances are he had brought a load from say France to Ireland and reloaded Ireland for the UK. The trailer had come from Zebrugge un accompanied so would have been dropped in the port over there by someone. From doing this type of work i have known where drivers have gone to collect trailers from Purfleet docks to find holes in curtains where immigrants have cut their way out. Pee and **** left behind in the trailer and loads ruined. 

56 minutes ago, peck said:

Who thinks it's right that they have named the lorry driver who has been charged with suspicion of murder?  He may be completely innocent of anything to do with the people in the trailer, but people say there's no smoke without fire and i think itss wrong to name him and show a picture of him on the BBC news website. Disgusting..

Absolutely disgusting. I have heard that he called the ambulance himself after discovering the bodies, it's hard for the emergency services to deal with but imagine being the driver and finding that when you have parked up for the night. Being arrested for murder, having his photo and name on the media and his cab(effectively his home while he's away) gone through and taken away. Also remember he had only hooked up to the trailer around 30mins prior  

I have heard that he has been released with no charge from a friend of mine who knows of him, but nothing official to confirm. 

Edited by Landyjoe

Thanks for clarifying the details Landyjoe. I was simply repeating what I had just ready on the screen from the media.  So I go back to the embarkation port failure. Somebody taking backhanders over there I fear.....turn a blind eye.

With regard to the arrest, it appears this is the present procedure in these cases , if you happen to be in the vicinity you get arrested, no doubt it improves the arrest rate returns at the end of the year.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, peck said:

If he is innocent he will make a good claim and I don't blame him. There is no ethics in the media anymore.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

You seem to have a propensity to look down from your high horse to almost anything I post. It might be good for both of us if you put me on your ignore list. 🙂 

Ok, how many posts between this and the last of yours that I commented on? 

... and paying for many years to come, some things are not as black and white as you seem to think.

So are willing to get into major debt to get here and live at our expense, which in fact makes things fairly black and white to me. Still feeling sorry for them but they took a gamble to get here.

It's because they are being bombed and shot at because the west removed any stability in their country, or the west turns a blind eye to the states attacking them, or they don't want to be forced to commit to oppressive regimes, or they could be killed/beaten/jailed for their sexuality.

Yeah, very B&W!

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Ok, how many posts between this and the last of yours that I commented on?

Good point - I was a bit adventurous there to be fair. 

They could have gone to safe countries closer to home - and easier to get back to when the time is right.

Edited by Dave-G

7 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

If they were EU citizens they could have simply caught a ferry from Calais. What's your point?

Where did I say they were Eu citizens? 

I said they came FROM  the EU  where free movement allows them to wander wherever they please, no docs, no problem, THATS the point.