Essex lorry deaths

figgy

4 minutes ago, Cawdor118 said:

By the content of your reply, you are clearly not 'totally against immigration'!

This thread really isn't the place for this discussion. 

My deepest sympathies are with those poor souls that lost their lives ,and their grieving families.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oowee said:

And thousands persecuted by the state. Many disappear and many are held in indefinite detention, with family punishments as a matter of course. 

hello, yes indeed, if you remember the cockle pickers i believe only one survived, her family owed £££££££s to chinese traffickers and i dare say all the others that lost their lives, their UK gang master (Chinese) got years in prison

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes indeed, if you remember the cockle pickers i believe only one survived, her family owed £££££££s to chinese traffickers and i dare say all the others that lost their lives, their UK gang master (Chinese) got years in prison

Did the Gang master go to prison in UK? I read on here earlier, that the previous trailer with the Chinese national death in 2000 that the Chinese government would not receive the bodies.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Did the Gang master go to prison in UK? I read on here earlier, that the previous trailer with the Chinese national death in 2000 that the Chinese government would not receive the bodies.

hello, i think that is right, around 9 years and his english counterpart got more, never knew that so will be interesting to see what happens to these Chinese, i dare say it will be very difficult to identify as i would suggest all had no identification papers, i am still in touch with some friends in HongKong and China, 

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think that is right, around 9 years and his english counterpart got more, never knew that so will be interesting to see what happens to these Chinese, i dare say it will be very difficult to identify as i would suggest all had no identification papers, i am still in touch with some friends in HongKong and China, 

note it is front page news in China

19 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Absolutely not. (but I think you both already knew that wasn't what I was suggesting). (Although were are more or less there in some areas)

By making it completely clear that anybody entering the UK illegally will be deported, no ifs no buts. Back you go. Also make it clear that you will never be allowed re-entry into the UK once deported.

And massively increase the penalties for anyone giving them a job or harbouring them. 20 years should suffice with seizures of assets and revocation of citizenship if originally not a UK national.

Stop the incentive for them to risk their lives to get to the UK illegally.

All the while they see the UK as the 'promised land' things like this tragedy will keep happening.

Im with ya mate

2 hours ago, KB1 said:

I'm sure every one of those poor 39 souls have a back story that would make any of us 'privileged' people shudder!  My heart goes out to them and their families, regardless of nationality, as things must have been pretty desperate for them to even consider climbing into the container in the first place……..  Humility should be the order of the day here, as opposed to condemnation as displayed by some🙄

I agree no one should die,

but ,, not our problem mate ,

we have enough as it is and it all boils down to , why they are trying to get here in the first place,. See newbies post above 

but it it's NOT OUR PROBLEM,. YOU TRY GETTING INTO CANADA , AUSTRALIA OR AMERICA without means to support yourself

the uk is ****, simple as

goodnight

2 hours ago, henry d said:

I`m no expert but I`m not sure why that a trailer would be sent across the channel (supposedly) empty and it seems odd that the driver/prime mover came into Holyhead on Sunday to pick up the trailer early doors wednesday?

Trailer had a load on it. He went in the back doors for paperwork, which is generally where paperwork is put when a trailer is sent over. Stuffed in the shrink wrap of the last pallet. 

To someone who doesn't know it may seem strange but to keep goods moving trailers are often shipped unaccompanied. I'd say he would have dropped a trailer in the docks to be sent out to the man on the other side, and he collected this one which may have been taking him back towards Ireland. Generally cheaper to send freight in this way and happens at ports all over. 

Stop being snowflakes,

our so called government lol lol , should NOT let them seek asylum,

its all there, " illegal immigrants" it's not legal , but as soon as they step foot here , they can seek asylum( which I agree with , but ..................... . Our system which we ALL pay into cant cope with any more

And the poor Lorry  driver who was just earning his crust , had to go thru all this **** , why ?    Because our snowflake government let us be an easy touch,

its wrong , all so ****** wrong

No ones fault , not even the slave traders lol,( opertunities are avenues for £ )

its the the government clowns 

Edited by flynny

17 minutes ago, flynny said:

I agree no one should die,

but ,, not our problem mate ,

we have enough as it is and it all boils down to , why they are trying to get here in the first place,. See newbies post above 

but it it's NOT OUR PROBLEM,. YOU TRY GETTING INTO CANADA , AUSTRALIA OR AMERICA without means to support yourself

the uk is ****, simple as

goodnight

Goodnight🥴

1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

Asylum seekers may not seem much of a problem to those on here spouting from their ivory towers but swap places with a family in a council estate and see houses being given to people who have literally stepped off the last boat and I feel your opinions might change!

:good:

5 minutes ago, KB1 said:

Goodnight🥴

I'll have a great night :good:

The benefits system and nhs was put in place for UK citizens , not any **** er,

of course there are uk citizens that play the system , black, white , green , or any colour 

i dont care care if you come from Mars !!!! THE **** system can't cope , simple as

why is it our problem , ???? Because of our government , I'm up for toleration but..............

enough is enough 

Edited by flynny

22 hours ago, Rewulf said:

So not like Blighty then, where you just roll up, tell them you're fleeing war and pestilence in dhurka dhurkastan, and can you fast track my asylum claim, as I've heard the ladies over here are err nice. 

Yes indeed, the UK mugs will welcome you and see to all your requirement. NHS, a nice home and an income.

3 minutes ago, das said:

Yes indeed, the UK mugs will welcome you and see to all your requirement. NHS, a nice home and an income.

Correct , and bring your whole family over as well , *** ,

as ive said nowt to do with your colour or religion ,

its just so, so, wrong 

Edited by flynny

12 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Have you thought this through?

Firstly, anyone entering the UK legally would probably not be able to enter legally in the first place so denying them re-entry isn't much of a deterrent. 

Secondly, so an illegal black person is discovered in the UK by the authorities, no paperwork and refuse to cooperate - where do you deport them to, Africa?

No, you do like China and build schools for them.

Ok, enlighten us....

henry d - this is a thread about some unfortunate people losing their lives, not the place to educate you. You carry on believing what you say, but you couldn't be more wrong. 

The reality is a totally different story. Please don't cast doubt, I will not explain it to you, because that would just be even more silly. You either know or you don't.

20 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

henry d - this is a thread about some unfortunate people losing their lives, not the place to educate you. You carry on believing what you say, but you couldn't be more wrong. 

The reality is a totally different story. Please don't cast doubt, I will not explain it to you, because that would just be even more silly. You either know or you don't.

What? You said I was wrong about illegal immigrants getting money as that was the post you quoted. It was referenced so you could check, I fail to see how I could either know or not know as it is a fact.

On 23/10/2019 at 18:00, Scully said:

It’s tragic by any standards, but is it shocking? Are any of us truthfully so moved as to do ANYTHING about it?  Anyone moved enough to even write a strongly worded email to....who exactly? Anyone? 
We all watch the news with its daily reporting of child refugees in Syria, or wherever they’re killing each other today; we’ll take an intake of breath and tut at the telly, shake our heads and possibly say something along the lines of ‘something should be done’ before getting back to whatever occupies our daily lives. . . .

We are too well insulated from world tragedy and too comfortable in our daily lives, and absolutely inundated with news and images of death, that few if any of us can be bothered to be put out by yet more of the same. 
We’re all talking about it, but that’s as far as it goes. 

I tend to agree. It's rather like the mass shootings in the USA. Terrible events for sure but how many people care enough to do anything about them?

Even when it is closer to home it is difficult to summon genuine shock. Look at terrorist bombings. Even when the IRA was active few people did more than shake their heads and carry on with their lives. I think the same largely held true with ISIS attacks.

For most people it's thoughts and prayers, maybe a candle and a vigil or buy a charity record and then after that it's "What's for tea love?"

For others it's well it's sad but it doesn't directly affect me so to hell with it. #CountMeInThatGroup.

It's a rough old world out there.