Essex lorry deaths

figgy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locals interviewed said people exiting containers in this area, has been a regular occurrence over some years, they have reported it umpteen times to the authorities, and apparently nothing has been done!.....Well obviously as it’s Happened again!......So why has it not been stopped? Forget the criminal interests involved, and the reason these people tried to get into the UK illicitly in the way they did........ Someone needs to accept responsibility and be accountable for the laxness of checks, which has lead to this appalling loss of life.

24 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Locals interviewed said people exiting containers in this area, has been a regular occurrence over some years, they have reported it umpteen times to the authorities, and apparently nothing has been done!.....Well obviously as it’s Happened again!......So why has it not been stopped? Forget the criminal interests involved, and the reason these people tried to get into the UK illicitly in the way they did........ Someone needs to accept responsibility and be accountable for the laxness of checks, which has lead to this appalling loss of life.

Aw c'mon, how else can the EU get lots of migrants onto UK electoral registers to boost the remain vote?

There's only so many boats they can conveniently make available - and smile as they watch them head across the channel hoping they get 'rescued' by our lot.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Aw c'mon, how else can the EU get lots of migrants onto UK electoral registers to boost the remain vote?

There's only so many boats they can conveniently make available - and smile as they watch them head across the channel hoping they get 'rescued' by our lot.

Germany allows more migrants in than all the other EU countries.

Well, despite it being proclaimed on FB by the blokes mates previously etc, stating he was released without charge days ago... I did hear on the radio over recent days he was kept in for more questioning and extensions were allowed for this.

I have just now seen on the news, that he has been "charged with manslaughter"... so a strange twist in events, and makes you wonder why his mates and family had noted that he was being released and on the way home ... 

11 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Well, despite it being proclaimed on FB by the blokes mates previously etc, stating he was released without charge days ago... I did hear on the radio over recent days he was kept in for more questioning and extensions were allowed for this.

I have just now seen on the news, that he has been "charged with manslaughter"... so a strange twist in events, and makes you wonder why his mates and family had noted that he was being released and on the way home ... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50196265

hello, i think Merkels now regretted allowing 1 million migrants into Germany, her open door policy did not bode well with German nationals, although 300/400, 000 have integrated well the crime rate with foreign refugees has now become a major problem, look what happened at the 2015/16 new years eve celebrations. ????? 

I read relatives of those who tragically died trying to illegally enter the UK, are pleading for the bodies of their loved ones to be returned to their home village/country! It may appear crass, but it will undoubtedly cost many tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds to do so, who do they imagine is going to pay for this?....The victims travel insurance company? The EU? Their relatives? The people smugglers? The victims government?.......or?

37 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I read relatives of those who tragically died trying to illegally enter the UK, are pleading for the bodies of their loved ones to be returned to their home village/country! It may appear crass, but it will undoubtedly cost many tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds to do so, who do they imagine is going to pay for this?....The victims travel insurance company? The EU? Their relatives? The people smugglers? The victims government?.......or?

I don't think that anyone who's just lost their children or siblings or whatever is going to do a cost analysis breakdown before they express a wish. They just say what they think.

And what I think is that the saddest thing was the girl sending a phone message to her parents, apologising for the fact that she was in the process of dying in a container. We're all people. How could anyone who is a parent not imagine how it would be getting that message from your child somewhere in the world? 

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

I don't think that anyone who's just lost their children or siblings or whatever is going to do a cost analysis breakdown before they express a wish. They just say what they think.

And what I think is that the saddest thing was the girl sending a phone message to her parents, apologising for the fact that she was in the process of dying in a container. We're all people. How could anyone who is a parent not imagine how it would be getting that message from your child somewhere in the world? 

Yes I agree, all right thinking people (me included) experience an immediate emotional response to such an appalling tragedy, but the practicalities soon come in.....If, as I suspect, we the UK taxpayer end up paying? I would not object, if any cost was deducted out of the UK’s foreign aid budget!

7 hours ago, panoma1 said:

And what do you suggest as a cost effective alternative? Dumped in a paupers grave with no one to mourn them? These are are still somebody's loved ones.

On 26/10/2019 at 17:47, henry d said:

Germany allows more migrants in than all the other EU countries.

Look at how that's working out for them, small villages who never had crime are inundated with migrants stealing anything the like.  Native Germans have had a gutfull of it. The strain on their own economy it has brought causes lots of friction. I saw a documentary on it.  Also the big fence that was being built to keep them out of Austria iirc.

23 minutes ago, miroku mk70 said:

And what do you suggest as a cost effective alternative? Dumped in a paupers grave with no one to mourn them? These are are still somebody's loved ones.

Did I not suggest a way to fund repatriation, should the financial responsibility fall on the taxpayers of the UK?
Oh! And as far as I know, the Local Authority provides pauper graves/funerals, paid for out of UK Local Authority budget.....which comes from?  Yes you’ve guessed it....council tax payers!......That’s the UK public.

I would compare this scenario to the idiots from the UK, who go to foreign parts on holiday, and don’t bother to get holiday insurance....they fall ill, get injured or killed and their relatives in the UK expect the UK public (via the government) to pay for their medical requirements and/or get them home!.....the government of the country they were in......when they fell ill, had an accident or died, as far as I’m aware, won’t pay for such medical treatment/repatriation?

If the relatives of these unfortunates can raise, a reported £30,000 to pay criminal gangs of people smugglers, to transport their loved ones and to assist them in illegally entering the UK? Surely they can raise the money to repatriate them?

12 hours ago, figgy said:

Look at how that's working out for them, small villages who never had crime are inundated with migrants stealing anything the like.  Native Germans have had a gutfull of it. The strain on their own economy it has brought causes lots of friction. I saw a documentary on it.  Also the big fence that was being built to keep them out of Austria iirc.

Hmm, not so sure, the AfD have had a gut full and cooked the books.

Here's an Analysis

I have been listening and reading the news and it seems that there are now 5 individuals that are of interest to the police, the (Essex) driver, the driver (in Belgium), and the 3 released on bail.

The guy who was driving the prime mover in Belgium disposed of his phone and had made it back to Ireland, but has been arrested and will be interviewed by Garda, Essex and Belgian police. I wonder how bad our port's security is unless there is an incident as they can check who was driving, what vehicle was towing and of course it means cooperation with border agencies on the continent.