Essex lorry deaths

figgy

58 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

With regard to the arrest, it appears this is the present procedure in these cases , if you happen to be in the vicinity you get arrested, no doubt it improves the arrest rate returns at the end of the year.

Not disputing the fact that he should have been arrested, its the fact that his name and photo have been plastered all over the BBC News website.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yes, if its any good I might turn up in Pattaya

You'd have to compete with all the Russians. Never been to Pattaya in my life actually. Planned to go one time when I was single and just before I was coming to the Middle East to work. Was going to go a road trip from where I live in the north with a Swedish mate - throw the clubs in the car and share the driving down - play golf, hit the bars, play golf, hit the bars, play golf, etc. But he went down to Bangkok to see his dentist and next thing, when he came back the trip was off - he'd met his future wife. They're still married after fifteen years or whatever. So I never got to go the bright lights. And now I have absolutely zero interest in visiting the place. Too happily married myself and probably too old!

But you go for it. I'm sure you'd have fun.

(edited in)  But if you go - be aware that just because some of them look like girls and sound like girls, it doesn't mean....In other words the duck analogy doesn't necessarily apply :)

Edited by Retsdon

21 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

But you go for it. I'm sure you'd have fun

Yes, but I don't want to have to pay for it! 

My sister has a friend called Ajee, came here from Zambia 10 years ago, fleeing persecution ect.. 

He has never done a day's work since he got here, he has a flat, a car, sings in a band, and has a jolly old time with the ladies.

He loves England he says! 

I was thinking more along the lines of that for me in Thailand. 

What do you reckon? 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Yes, but I don't want to have to pay for it! 

We always pay for it one way or another :) The cheapest way is to pay cash on the barrel head. The most expensive way is to get married. In between is meals and drinks and what not. Certainly anyone past the age of 30 is going to out of pocket one way or another. That's just how it works.

As for your friend Agee, you can't stay in Thailand on a long-term visa unless you can deposit ...I think it's about 20,000 quid in a Thai bank account for 3 months. And you have to prove where the money came from as well. I don't bother with it myself because I'm not there long enough at one time to need  a residence visa. 

And you can't get a visa for Saudi unless you have a job. You don't get the visa - your employer does.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ajee says it was, he's bought his uncle and sister over now too. 

Very happy with the system 😊

I don't know, whatever, But Brexit isn't going to help you with Ajee and his tribe. The Indian government have already said that visa restrictions will be on the table when it comes to future trade deals. So when you're looking for deals post-Brexit ....Ajee, Ahmed, wait...here you go https://www.momjunction.com/articles/indian-baby-boy-names-with-meanings_00349318/#gref will be queuing up to get in - unless of course the economy crashes so badly that there's no upside for them in coming.

The East Europeans go home.

Edited by Retsdon

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Since all our problems are apparently due to the EU can you please remind me  exactly where in Europe Zambia is again 😜

Whoa, whoa whoa! This isn't the Brexit thread, and I'm only mentioning the EU, because it's lax security measures ensure that the unfortunate people in the lorry, and Ajee and his grateful chums can just roll up and set up shop. 

I want to know why I can't go to Thailand or Saudi, even the US, claim asylum, and get a house, a car and enough money to live on, without working? 

Like you can here. 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Whoa, whoa whoa! This isn't the Brexit thread, and I'm only mentioning the EU, because it's lax security measures ensure that the unfortunate people in the lorry, and Ajee and his grateful chums can just roll up and set up shop. 

I want to know why I can't go to Thailand or Saudi, even the US, claim asylum, and get a house, a car and enough money to live on, without working? 

Like you can here. 

But I can’t here and neither can you, maybe that’s why you can’t do it in any of the other places either. If that doesn’t make sense then apologies, I’ve been reacquainting myself with quantum mechanics this evening 🤣

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

But I can’t here and neither can you,

Of course you can, I know personally 30 + people, who have never worked a day in their life, and live very comfortably. 

A good friend of mine has just taken delivery of a £50,000 vehicle for his 'disability' ( He is very fat) hasn't worked in 35 years. 

My niece has never worked, 5 kids, all with ADHD (strange that) 5 holidays a year, Disney land, Mexico, she's in Cyprus right now, loving life 😂

You know WHY  you don't do what they do? 

You have self respect. 

Can you lot stop ruining the thread your taking it way off topic. 

Just an update through social media, the Lorry Driver has apparently been released without charge. 

His story appears to be that he only had the trailer for about 35 minutes from picking it up and driving it into the yard. 

It seems likely that he was the one who found the 39 upon opening it up and called for ambulances etc.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Not much ethics in the police any more either.

I disagree with that, they have all the all the carp and none of the glory. But everybody wants to knock them, especially in London. Then they wonder why there is a recruitment problem and people are leaving the job in droves 

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Like you can here. 

In Thailand, if you don't work, you don't eat!  Most Thais will try many things in order to make a few baht, which might buy a days supply of rice.  Many ex pats (of all nationalities) who had 'the dream' of living/working in Thailand (usually after marrying a Thai girl) have realised that it's not what they thought it was!  Some have been known to end it all!  The Thais assume that we Westerners are  rich!  What they don't realise is that we have lots of bills that Thais mostly don't bother with!  However, on a pro rata basis, I reckon that my (Thai) in laws are better off than me!  Plus, the exchange rate at present makes it a very expensive holiday.... or if you live and work there and get paid in Baht, you feel as if you're working for nothing! Just my thoughts!

47 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Of course you can, I know personally 30 + people, who have never worked a day in their life, and live very comfortably. 

A good friend of mine has just taken delivery of a £50,000 vehicle for his 'disability' ( He is very fat) hasn't worked in 35 years. 

My niece has never worked, 5 kids, all with ADHD (strange that) 5 holidays a year, Disney land, Mexico, she's in Cyprus right now, loving life 😂

You know WHY  you don't do what they do? 

You have self respect. 

That describes my cousin pretty well, I have spoken about him before on here many times'

He lived for nearly 40 years on the state after getting made redundant from the motor trade in the midlands. First few years he was looking for work, then he started to play the system and started stacking up the benefits. Rent payed, sickness benefit (bad back) mobility car, attendance allowance etc. Two daughters put through Uni for free.

He didn't do badly, sadly he died last year but I bet even his funeral came out of the public purse 

I can vouch for the fact that its true,  its possible (or it was possible before Universal Credit) to rack up big money and live well enough. 

Edited by Vince Green

It's certainly NOT easy OR CHEAP to bring a spouse to the UK, if you've marries abroad.  Without the details, it cost me a lot of money (this was 2006)....that's without the actual wedding costs, including the dozens of bottles of whisky that the father in law gave away to his friends to impress them!  The legal stuff was ridiculous also.  Translation services for my previous divorce certificate and attendance at the British embassy in order to apply for a spouses visa, cost me well over £100, if I remember correctly.  My wife also had to have a certificate stating that she was not infected with TB.  £50, I think, for an x ray + certificate.  The actual 2 year temporary visa was £256. She had to attend a ESOL course and pass an exam, in this country that went towards applying for the indefinite leave to stay visa. And don't forget (those of you that end up marrying a Thai girl or AN other) that you are expected to support your spouses family (and their buffaloes / lorries / chickens, etc.! 

Having said all that, is it any wonder that many, many desperate people risk their lives to come here, with the hope of a better life than the ones they currently have?  That statement doesn't mean that I agree with illegal immigrants coming here...but I can certainly understand why they try it! 

One thing that puzzles me in the present (Brexit) climate...and this isn't from a racist point of view!  Why are there lots of Turks/ Kurds over here at present (mainly opening barber shops) when, afaik, Turkey and Kurdistan aren't in the EU?  Are these people claiming asylum?       

31 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

That describes my cousin pretty well, I have spoken about him before on here many times'

He lived for nearly 40 years on the state after getting made redundant from the motor trade in the midlands. First few years he was looking for work, then he started to play the system and started stacking up the benefits. Rent payed, sickness benefit (bad back) mobility car, attendance allowance etc. Two daughters put through Uni for free.

He didn't do badly, sadly he died last year but I bet even his funeral came out of the public purse 

I can vouch for the fact that its true though that its possible (or it was possible before Universal Credit) to rack up big money and live well enough. 

We're a very attractive immigration proposition if you can get to play the system - and we all know the likes of Cherie Blair advising immigrants how to get the best out of the country, into housing and onto the voting register of course - don't forget the voting register. It's very very important that EU/.gov gets migrants onto the voting register.

shames me to say that, particularly in this tragic topic but I really believe its a well hidden fact.

Edited by Dave-G

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

You mean turn the UK into some crappy third world bathroomhole that nobody would choose to live in?

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

By turning the UK into a third world nation

Absolutely not. (but I think you both already knew that wasn't what I was suggesting). (Although were are more or less there in some areas)

By making it completely clear that anybody entering the UK illegally will be deported, no ifs no buts. Back you go. Also make it clear that you will never be allowed re-entry into the UK once deported.

And massively increase the penalties for anyone giving them a job or harbouring them. 20 years should suffice with seizures of assets and revocation of citizenship if originally not a UK national.

Stop the incentive for them to risk their lives to get to the UK illegally.

All the while they see the UK as the 'promised land' things like this tragedy will keep happening.

Edited by Newbie to this

9 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

We're a very attractive immigration proposition if you can get to play the system - and we all know the likes of Cherie Blair advising immigrants how to get the best out of the country, into housing and onto the voting register of course - don't forget the voting register - very very important.

I am told by my mother's carer who is Hungarian that there is a best seller book written in various languages telling Eastern Europeans what benefits they can claim in Britain, which websites to go on, which forms to request and how to fill them in. How to deal with schools, banks etc

we are so stupid