quantum computing

oowee

Its another world :w00t:

Google says an advanced computer has achieved "quantum supremacy" for the first time, surpassing the performance of conventional devices.The technology giant's Sycamore quantum processor was able to perform a specific task in 200 seconds that would take the world's best supercomputers 10,000 years to complete.

In classical computers, the unit of information is called a "bit" and can have a value of either 1 or 0. But its equivalent in a quantum system - the qubit (quantum bit) - can be both 1 and 0 at the same time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50154993

It will Change computers but years off ending up on your desk or hone. 

not likely more spam but it will mean computers will be able to work out what you had for breakfast and what breakfast you want tomorrow and where to buy it from. 

the phone I am typing this on has more computer power memory and storage than the first mainframe I kept going with 3 on a shift 24/7.  It needed 3phase feed a huge room then there was the cooling.

Regards Agriv8 

Here's a simple explanation:

A quantum effect is any consequence of wave-particle duality. In atomic physics both momentum p and energy E of a particle are manifested as a wave having respectively wavelength λ = h/p and period t = h/E (more often written as E = hν where frequency ν is the reciprocal of period t).

All clear now?

On 23/10/2019 at 18:36, Agriv8 said:

It will Change computers but years off ending up on your desk or hone. 

not likely more spam but it will mean computers will be able to work out what you had for breakfast and what breakfast you want tomorrow and where to buy it from. 

the phone I am typing this on has more computer power memory and storage than the first mainframe I kept going with 3 on a shift 24/7.  It needed 3phase feed a huge room then there was the cooling.

Regards Agriv8 

got one already that malfunctions..........its called wife#1

not when you aint got a signal

8 hours ago, henry d said:

Shrodinger`s qubit then?

i have shrodiners cat theroy all the time................i dont know wether im comin or goin

i have rekindeled my boyhood affair with Patricia Preece

Edited by ditchman

48 minutes ago, ditchman said:

got one already that malfunctions..........its called wife#1

not when you aint got a signal

i have shrodiners cat theroy all the time................i dont know wether im comin or goin

i have rekindeled my boyhood affair with Patricia Preece

Now then dichman yep your right and I am going off to google Patrica Preece.

if you said 35 years ago that we had computers in our pocket that you held in your hand could send letters instantly to the other side of the world  Take pictures and send them. Have a 2 way chat and be able to see each other. Order somthing at 10 at night and it would be delivered tomorrow. you’d have been carted of to the nut house !

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

Now then dichman yep your right and I am going off to google Patrica Preece.

if you said 35 years ago that we had computers in our pocket that you held in your hand could send letters instantly to the other side of the world  Take pictures and send them. Have a 2 way chat and be able to see each other. Order somthing at 10 at night and it would be delivered tomorrow. you’d have been carted of to the nut house !

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

Edited by Danger-Mouse