That frame of mind ....

RockySpears

Once, when I was young, I told people how good it was up here, I told my brothers and sisters, some of whom worked in the services; Police, Teachers, Nurses or whose job was everywhere; Banking, Landscaping etc etc (I have six sisters and two brothers). Bar a few grand a year for the London allowance, the money is the same (God bless National Bargaining).

Then I realised, WHY?  Why tell them this when my son is purchasing his first house, three bed terrace, garden , parking, for £70,000.  He is working for Barclaycard.

We don't need Southerners coming up here and raising house prices, clogging our streets with Chelsea tractors, despoiling our beaches with labradoodles, the North Yorks moors, The Cheviots, Hexham, Corbridge ......

So I stopped.  Not only did I stop, I joined in the "Flat Cap and Black Pudding", MontyPythonesque story line.

It's **** here, you would hate it,

RS

37 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

Once, when I was young, I told people how good it was up here, I told my brothers and sisters, some of whom worked in the services; Police, Teachers, Nurses or whose job was everywhere; Banking, Landscaping etc etc (I have six sisters and two brothers). Bar a few grand a year for the London allowance, the money is the same (God bless National Bargaining).

Then I realised, WHY?  Why tell them this when my son is purchasing his first house, three bed terrace, garden , parking, for £70,000.  He is working for Barclaycard.

We don't need Southerners coming up here and raising house prices, clogging our streets with Chelsea tractors, despoiling our beaches with labradoodles, the North Yorks moors, The Cheviots, Hexham, Corbridge ......

So I stopped.  Not only did I stop, I joined in the "Flat Cap and Black Pudding", MontyPythonesque story line.

RS

i hope you feel my pain...when a few years ago in Southwold  a 1 bedroom end terrace fishermans cottage went for £500,000......and it wernt to a local niether............

10 hours ago, RockySpears said:

RS

I’ve seen you shoot and if that’s normal I’ll be staying in the midlands lol. 

11 hours ago, RockySpears said:

You missed out Wylam and the boathouse in particular!

And just to warn you I`ll be heading down in a few months permanently, so it`ll be even ****er!

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Where’s up here? 

Whats the shooting like? 

I'm Clays, Target and Practical Shotgun, and there is plenty of that, plus Catterick if you want to use your big guns.  Northumbria for the birds, Hartlepool, Lindisfarne Wildfowling, plus all the west coast wetlands.  North Yorks moors has plenty game shooting.  I fact one place has so much that the Game meat is in fact given away.  There is the usual arable protection and bunnies too of course.

Lastly and by no means least, Scotland is closer,

RS

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

i hope you feel my pain...when a few years ago in Southwold  a 1 bedroom end terrace fishermans cottage went for £500,000......and it wernt to a local niether............

And beach huts go for £100k+! Half of those places second homes to!  Customer of mine paid 480k for 3rd floor 1 bed flat in old rope house and hardly use it.   NB

Tell us about it! It's good to see the grockle, but why can't they stay grockle instead of coming back as the foggy dews. When you can finally get an appointment to get to see the doctor's receptionist to make an appointment to see the doctor the waiting room is always chokka and not an 'ooe 'arr' or an 'yer me dear' to be heard.