Nice one Charlie & co! (again)!

NatureBoy

avery is a self serving freak, intent on being a famous world saver,  his desire for fame is more important to him than the wildlife he claims to protect. I'm sure  he didnt have any friends at uni.. if he gets his way you can kiss goodbye to curlew and oystercatchers

Edited by islandgun

On 28/10/2019 at 14:33, islandgun said:

Looks very much like WJ and rspb will get their own way eventually, they have all the support they need, crowd funding and joe public that couldnt care less but would support whatever their told if they think they will save the world

Sadly, I think you are right. It'll be a phased process I predict. First lead ammo will be banned and then the heavily keepered shoots - grouse, commercial pheasant and the like. 

I reckon wildfowling will end up being the last man standing. 

But not without a fight - Charlie Jacoby is streets ahead of any of the shooting organisations. He seems a very intelligent guy who can simply hit the nail on the head. If we had half a dozen similarly unfettered and proactive spokesmen in BASC, CA, SACS etc, then that would be a start. The organisations I suspect are ponderous beaurocratic beasties who need a crippling number of meetings before anything is done and each meeting dilutes any initiative's effectiveness. 

In doggy parlance, they need to employ more terriers and fewer Labradors. The odd Chesapeake in their ranks would be good too.

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Sadly, I think you are right. It'll be a phased process I predict. First lead ammo will be banned and then the heavily keepered shoots - grouse, commercial pheasant and the like. 

But not without a fight - Charlie Jacoby is streets ahead of any of the shooting organisations. He seems a very intelligent guy who can simply hit the nail on the head. If we had half a dozen similarly unfettered and proactive spokesmen in BASC, CA, SACS etc, then that would be a start. The organisations I suspect are ponderous beaurocratic beasties who need a crippling number of meetings before anything is done and each meeting dilutes any initiative's effectiveness. 

In doggy parlance, they need to employ more terriers and fewer Labradors. The odd Chesapeake in their ranks would be good too.

agreed,  They will also be aiming for a ban on Woodcock, Snipe and Golden Plover, soon.. For me, the last thing standing will be pigeon and rabbit

edit to say... also plastic wad ban

Edited by islandgun

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Wildfowling? “Last man standing”????........I doubt it! NRW and NE are already attacking wildfowling in England and Wales...dunno about SNH....but I imagine they will jump on board soon?

7 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Wildfowling? “Last man standing”????........I doubt it! NRW and NE are already attacking wildfowling in England and Wales...dunno about SNH....but I imagine they will jump on board soon?

It's only a guess. Small bags. Minimal visibility to general public. Few others wanting access to foreshore. Already working directly with NT and RSPB. Comprises being reached through effective communication. Don't know about mainland UK. -  here anyway.

I'm no expert. Just came to that conclusion via logical thought. 

I take it you think differently?

On 28/10/2019 at 11:00, panoma1 said:

Well things are getting polarised now, according to the Telegraph, the RSPB have now “come out” and declared their opposition to game bird shooting! Now rather than just suspecting past a covert anti shooting agenda by the RSPB, whilst at the same time stating they were not anti-shooting!.......Shooting is now beginning to find out who their real enemies are!

The R.S.P.B. have ALWAYS been our real enemies.  Slowly and surely they have managed to get a lot of their membership into Police Wildlife Liaison Officer posts and the National Wildlife Crime unit too. They are prepared to 'do what it takes' to oppose anything shooting related.

Unfortunately it matters not what we say or do, the wild justice three and their supporters have closed minds and don’t believe a word of what we say but believe every word that comes out of wild justice three.

https://markavery.info/2019/10/28/rspb-review-of-game-shooting-policy-noticed-by-pro-shooting-organisations-shock/

Read also the comments.

Unless the shooting orgs very quickly up their game shooting as we know it could be gone within two to three years, leaving only clay shooting with steel shot for shotguns and rabbits and deer with rifle.

Very interesting.

From memory, the RSPB were given Charitable status on condition that they did not directly attack shooting ports???

Now since Avery they have slightly changed course to use diversity as the method to allow that attack,....................... very astute?

6 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

Unfortunately it matters not what we say or do, the wild justice three and their supporters have closed minds and don’t believe a word of what we say but believe every word that comes out of wild justice three.

https://markavery.info/2019/10/28/rspb-review-of-game-shooting-policy-noticed-by-pro-shooting-organisations-shock/

Read also the comments.

Unless the shooting orgs very quickly up their game shooting as we know it could be gone within two to three years, leaving only clay shooting with steel shot for shotguns and rabbits and deer with rifle.

WJ rspb can say what they like when they like,  not one pro shooting organisation has any comeback except a stiff letter to the times, 

50% of pheasants released are not shot but provide food for wild animals and birds.. taking this food source away will result in the death of many raptors [is this a rspb policy]

Removing game shooting revenue from the farming community will result in the  removal of habitats that benefit all wildlife, woodland, hedgerow, cover crops etc

Leaving predators to proliferate will reduce the number of songbirds and decimate the English Partridge

Allowing moorland to grow wild will result in out of control wild-fires and loss of waders such as Curlew..

come on BASC et al get your **** together

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

WJ rspb can say what they like when they like,  not one pro shooting organisation has any comeback except a stiff letter to the times, 

50% of pheasants released are not shot but provide food for wild animals and birds.. taking this food source away will result in the death of many raptors [is this a rspb policy]

Removing game shooting revenue from the farming community will result in the  removal of habitats that benefit all wildlife, woodland, hedgerow, cover crops etc

Leaving predators to proliferate will reduce the number of songbirds and decimate the English Partridge

Allowing moorland to grow wild will result in out of control wild-fires and loss of waders such as Curlew..

come on BASC et al get your **** together

Great post IG! Totally agree with you! Why is that with our orgs? A lot of folks seem to think they got it sorted and every things ok. If they have perhaps they would let us know and reasure  more of there members. WJ saying they and there legal team been in talks again with DEFRA and there legal lot regard policy on the GL. Were/have our orgs been involved? Why are they even talking to/involving WJ after there actions and what they have said about them/us and there support of XR!!? WJ have no answers how they would things and say it's down to DEFRA NE etc.  Avery seems to get off on having a go at everyone! But still recons he's not anti shooting!   NB