Pointer Shotguns

Demonic69

They do look ok but not popular and not worth much used. Parts could become a problem.

Better off with a well known make. Miroku are a good well built gun. Just make sure what you buy fits or have it fitted. 

Lots are liking the ATA guns and at sensible money for a new gun.

8 hours ago, figgy said:

They do look ok but not popular and not worth much used. Parts could become a problem.

Better off with a well known make. Miroku are a good well built gun. Just make sure what you buy fits or have it fitted. 

Lots are liking the ATA guns and at sensible money for a new gun.

I've been fancying an ATA, the FiL had one briefly and I thought it was great for the money. They seem to be going up in price a bit lately too, which is good if you're buying new, but **** for me 🤣

26 minutes ago, sam triple said:

try an ATA before you buy I tried one and hated it

I tried the FiLs and thought it was OK, though I've not much experience of OUs so pretty much anything seems fine to me :D

Hoping to get the Miroku when my ticket arrives in a  few weeks, that's if the GP ever sends the report I paid for 2 weeks ago..

It really doesn't matter what name is on the rib . Its who made it and where it was made . So many guns have been imported over the years with different names  by different people often in small never to be repeated again batches .

Many of these look OK on the outside but take the stock off and you see just how rough and ready the really are .OK so they work and are cheap , but you get what you pay for .Ask your self how much was it out of the factory . Taking into consideration the cost of import , shipping , proof , mark up and VAT which on a £450 pound gun will be £90.00 of your money .

So that gun must be leaving the factory for about £200.

So the question is how well made is a £200 gun ?

46 minutes ago, Gunman said:

It really doesn't matter what name is on the rib . Its who made it and where it was made . So many guns have been imported over the years with different names  by different people often in small never to be repeated again batches .

Many of these look OK on the outside but take the stock off and you see just how rough and ready the really are .OK so they work and are cheap , but you get what you pay for .Ask your self how much was it out of the factory . Taking into consideration the cost of import , shipping , proof , mark up and VAT which on a £450 pound gun will be £90.00 of your money .

So that gun must be leaving the factory for about £200.

So the question is how well made is a £200 gun ?

Exactly, and resale will reflect this. 
I’m of the opinion it’s always well worth the extra money of a good second hand gun from a well established, tried and tested manufacturer. 
Some buyers appear swayed by a warranty which is part and parcel of the cheapish gun package, but it’s never been even a glimmer of a thought with me when buying a gun, and I think in my entire shooting life I’ve only ever bought two new shotguns. Quality tells. 
Just to add, and I’m not advocating these guns over any other as they’re old guns now, but it’s an example of how quality prevails; but when I started buying 101’s, I was advised by many that they were a good gun but a bad buy as you couldn’t now get the parts. Of all the 101’s I’ve had over the years ( and there have been many ) I have never once been let down by one mechanically.  A mates GE suffered a broken ejector which was easily replaced, but I still own three 101’s and apart from one auto which is only a year old, of the many guns I currently own, none are any newer than the 1980’s. 
Quality tells. 

Edited by Scully

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I still own three 101’s and apart from one auto which is only a year old, of the many guns I currently own, none are any newer than the 1980’s. 
Quality tells. 

Me too I have Perazzi, Beretta and Miroku in the cabinets all of which range from 1980’s to early 2000 but none of them new. They all are supremely reliable the only gun I have had problems with (apart from usual wear and tear related) was my new 682 which as Scully says was probably down to poor QC but was fixed by GMK and has been fine since. 

hello, cannot find much information on the Pointer shotgun in UK , looks more available in the USA, it seems to come out the same factory in Turkey as the Webley range of shotguns, so i would guess its been re badged to the Pointer and with a price that is on par with a few other makes like Koff or Yildiz but these seem to be getting better sales due to a wider distribution in UK, and have good reviews, not sure who imports the pointer but there was a few posts on here back in 2010, if your set on £450 ish i would look at maybe a Koff , i have a Yildiz and it suites my shooting needs but that is not like i am out every weekend or more like other PW members, or as other PW post say look for a good second hand well known brand like the Miroku you mentioned is always a good option, cheers

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, cannot find much information on the Pointer shotgun in UK , looks more available in the USA, it seems to come out the same factory in Turkey as the Webley range of shotguns, so i would guess its been re badged to the Pointer and with a price that is on par with a few other makes like Koff or Yildiz but these seem to be getting better sales due to a wider distribution in UK, and have good reviews, not sure who imports the pointer but there was a few posts on here back in 2010, if your set on £450 ish i would look at maybe a Koff , i have a Yildiz and it suites my shooting needs but that is not like i am out every weekend or more like other PW members, or as other PW post say look for a good second hand well known brand like the Miroku you mentioned is always a good option, cheers

The one I've seen is second hand, full set of extended chokes and adjustable comb. Would have been much more new from what I've seen, but probably on par with similar Turkish guns. Being new to O/Us I've not heard of the brand so thought I'd check, seems my suspicions were confirmed. It had lovely balance and looked well built, but something was nagging at me.

Cheers all, I'll stick to the Miroku I think

4 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

The one I've seen is second hand, full set of extended chokes and adjustable comb. Would have been much more new from what I've seen, but probably on par with similar Turkish guns. Being new to O/Us I've not heard of the brand so thought I'd check, seems my suspicions were confirmed. It had lovely balance and looked well built, but something was nagging at me.

Cheers all, I'll stick to the Miroku I think

hello, sounds a good idea, hope you can find one suitable, cheers