Lightweight waterproof jacket and trousers

steve_b_wales

I'm looking to purchase some waterproof jacket and trousers, something similar to the Pak a Mak type, that can be folded down small. Needed for shooting range use etc.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but also don't want rubbish. Just something I can put over my clothes if it rains. Any idea's where best to buy from?

Tagg cycling waterproof trousers are light and pretty waterproof and have velcro on the calf and ankle so they sit well on your leg. And the regatta isotex 5000 jackets are lightweight and waterproof but more than a pacamac. The 10000 are better again and still very lightweight but will take up more room than a pacamac. The pair will set you back about 60 quid, possibly less if you find some on sale and you're a very big or very small size.

Edited by Benthejockey

On 26/10/2019 at 18:49, rizla said:

take a look at the flexothone jackets steve, i been out all day in mine today in this weather and kept me dry,  

its the type the farmers wear

As above, thousands of hill farmer's can't be wrong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flexothane&rlz=1C1CHBD_enGB757GB757&oq=flexothane&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5437j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Penelope

UPDATE:

I've just taken delivery of my waterproof jacket/trousers, and I have to say, I'm impressed. The make is Deerhunter (Shellbrook) and it's good quality. I thought for £9:99, which included 48hr tracking delivery, they wouldn't be up to much, but I was wrong. The material is strong and feels 'heavy duty'. I ordered a size medium, which is a bit too big for me, especially the legs. The bottoms of the legs can be fastened by means of a popper. The jacket has a ventilated back and has storm cuffs.

It's perfect for my needs, especially as I'm going quad biking Saturday. I would recommend this suit to anyone who's looking for a waterproof suit that they can dress into quickly, should the weather turn nasty. It also comes with it's own zip up nylon bag.

The Ebay # again is: 161553023922