Daz Harrison

HADES .22 DIABOLO PELLET

At what ranges ? These pellets really only expand satisfactory with  800 fps on impact . Depending on what it hits obviously  

43 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

At what ranges ? These pellets really only expand satisfactory with  800 fps on impact . Depending on what it hits obviously  

at the moment ive only used out to 25 yrds 

14 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Is that in an fac ? 

What muzzle speed u getting ? 

not sure mate

9 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Tried them in my sub 12 SFS IMP did a 1 hole group at 25m 

same

probably not sure what Fps the pellet is doing, not everyone has a chrono.

Ill be honest at 25M they were flat from my sub 12 push the distances out not sure what they would be like. All my rifles shoot H&N so using these was just a test but foundd in my SFS Imp .22 very very deadly at 25

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

probably not sure what Fps the pellet is doing, not everyone has a chrono.

Correct, it's a sub 12 (at the moment!)

Lots of mixed reviews on them, some are getting one hole groups others shotgun patterns and find exacts still shoot better. 

Always worth trying if you find it more accurate the deformation thing don't matter. If it's not as accurate I'd leave them.in the tin.

28 minutes ago, figgy said:

Lots of mixed reviews on them, some are getting one hole groups others shotgun patterns and find exacts still shoot better. 

Always worth trying if you find it more accurate the deformation thing don't matter. If it's not as accurate I'd leave them.in the tin.

Totally agree without accuracy theres appsolutly no point in using them. Shame there only in .22 and not other .cals  yet

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Mixed reviews? all the ones Iv'e read seem positive with the accuracy.

Got to agree if it aint accurate stick to your normal pellet and probably better at fac levels.

Yes exactly .these would perform much better in .177 cal .faster speeds and more fragile construction equals more deformation on impact and more imparted energy  into the quarry .

The h+n hunter extreem work very well in this regard but id like to see an 8.5 grn pellet with a bc of around 0.02  

As opposed to the 9.5  grns and 0.17 bc of the hn 

1 minute ago, ratchers said:

Mixed reviews? all the ones Iv'e read seem positive with the accuracy.

Got to agree if it aint accurate stick to your normal pellet and probably better at fac levels.

My mate was testing some at 50 yds through his fac fx yesterday . = not that great for group size  .probably around 30 mm .compared to normal jsb exact which were tighter .

There are a few who are not impressed with the accuracy of Hades.

Shame they don't seem to offer them in .177.

I imagine that's the same with any pellet though, if your barrel likes them and your shooting tight groups your laughing, confidence in your gear is half the battle.

Are the Hades pellets in sizes the same as the exacts, 5.51, 5.52.,5.53 or a standard of you get what you get. Not seen the sizes advertised.

8 minutes ago, figgy said:

Are the Hades pellets in sizes the same as the exacts, 5.51, 5.52.,5.53 or a standard of you get what you get. Not seen the sizes advertised.

This is the sticker on the back of the tin.

Hades.jpg

Ive only seen these avaliable in 5.50mm they feel little looser than usual 5.52mm i use so i presume they are 5.50 as stated on the tin. 5.5

No wonder some guns don't like them.  The fac guns seem to shoot them fine, but the increased air will open the skirt to fit the barrel.

Thanks for clearing up the size question.

Thanks mice just had a read and they're findings are are what I've heard some love them others don't.

All the tests I've seen they only work at fac speeds.  The best for opening out at face power were the Hungarian Skenco ultrashock hollow points.

I'll stick to standard diablo pellets in sub12. 

Edited by figgy

Skirts are designed to open Sub 12.

The diameter 5.51, 5.52 mm etc refers to the head size.

If you're brain shooting stuff it matters not if you get the pellet deforms or not.

Bench rested, using my S200  .22 JSB Express ( AKA Mosquitoes ) shoot one hole groups at 40y,

.177 JSB Exact ( AKA AA Fields) through my HW 100, shoots the same.

I use both to 55y.

Any furher than that I will get closer.

I will not be changing my pellets but it's fun and good practice to try things out.