HADES .22 DIABOLO PELLET

Daz Harrison

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of mixed reviews on them, some are getting one hole groups others shotgun patterns and find exacts still shoot better. 

Always worth trying if you find it more accurate the deformation thing don't matter. If it's not as accurate I'd leave them.in the tin.

28 minutes ago, figgy said:

Lots of mixed reviews on them, some are getting one hole groups others shotgun patterns and find exacts still shoot better. 

Always worth trying if you find it more accurate the deformation thing don't matter. If it's not as accurate I'd leave them.in the tin.

Totally agree without accuracy theres appsolutly no point in using them. Shame there only in .22 and not other .cals  yet

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Mixed reviews? all the ones Iv'e read seem positive with the accuracy.

Got to agree if it aint accurate stick to your normal pellet and probably better at fac levels.

Yes exactly .these would perform much better in .177 cal .faster speeds and more fragile construction equals more deformation on impact and more imparted energy  into the quarry .

The h+n hunter extreem work very well in this regard but id like to see an 8.5 grn pellet with a bc of around 0.02  

As opposed to the 9.5  grns and 0.17 bc of the hn 

1 minute ago, ratchers said:

Mixed reviews? all the ones Iv'e read seem positive with the accuracy.

Got to agree if it aint accurate stick to your normal pellet and probably better at fac levels.

My mate was testing some at 50 yds through his fac fx yesterday . = not that great for group size  .probably around 30 mm .compared to normal jsb exact which were tighter .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mice just had a read and they're findings are are what I've heard some love them others don't.

All the tests I've seen they only work at fac speeds.  The best for opening out at face power were the Hungarian Skenco ultrashock hollow points.

I'll stick to standard diablo pellets in sub12. 

Edited by figgy

Skirts are designed to open Sub 12.

The diameter 5.51, 5.52 mm etc refers to the head size.

If you're brain shooting stuff it matters not if you get the pellet deforms or not.

Bench rested, using my S200  .22 JSB Express ( AKA Mosquitoes ) shoot one hole groups at 40y,

.177 JSB Exact ( AKA AA Fields) through my HW 100, shoots the same.

I use both to 55y.

Any furher than that I will get closer.

I will not be changing my pellets but it's fun and good practice to try things out.