HADES .22 DIABOLO PELLET

Daz Harrison

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope you get it sorted soon Arron, I am still thinking if buying one. I've shot the rear sensor and top edge of the rear plate on my chrony four times. Not funny, still working  but throwing some odd figures now and again. Need to add some tape the get the same size opening as front sensors.

The FX chrono only measures to 1300 FPS. I'll have to keep using the F1 for shotguns.

Edited by figgy

3 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Better no have to do that.. i  emailed them see what they say

Have you left a review at all? I've been onto the play store and a couple of less than glowing reviews were responded too by someone, maybe worth a try? Hope it's sorted swiftly :good:

On 14/11/2019 at 13:38, figgy said:

Got my order delivered this afternoon and just checked the head sizes of the Hades. Mine are die number 78.

Average head size of a random 30 pellets is 5.46mm with smallest at 5.43 largest at 5.48.

Skirt size is average of 5.66mm with little variation.

Not even 5.5 mm heads, see how they shoot when the wind dies off this week hopefully.

Well I've just measured 4, because I dropped one, of my accupells using a Mitutoyo mic(best there is in my opinion)

5.530, 5.492, 5.493, 5.498.

Not sure I've ever measured them before but I'd say that's pretty consistent. 

I'll have to bring more in and see how they compare. 

Mice they're certainly smaller head diameter than the exact pellets. Go faster too, calm day I'll test some more for accuracy, the ones I shot seemed ok.

Have you watched Ted's hold over he loves them and tested them even in sub12 still get a bit of expansion.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Was it a problem with the Flux Capacitor? - It's the powdered Unicorn horn they use to lube the dies on the hades - gets everywhere like sand in your Bikini.

Lmao must be the flux capacitor. And agree sand in the bikini is always a saw subject.... oh shoot. Did i just say this out loud haha

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been testing my cheap barrel mounted chrono. The impact was running at around 11.7 for with JSB exacts 15.89 and aafd. Put some Hades through it and a few went over by half a foot pound. Smaller heads and they fly that bit faster. Worth checking your guns with them.

Mine is now shooting the aafd and the jsb exacts at between 11 to11.3 to keep the Hades at 11.8 and below. Not what I would have wanted being so low in the 11's with my usual choice but seeing as plod can use any pellet, best be safe.

Going to test with smaller head sizes for accuracy as the hades are ok out to 40 if I can find a smaller head size that still accurate they can be my next batch buy.

For under £17.00 delivered and saves a 40 shot string it's ideal.

Screenshot_20191208-142857.jpg

Edited by figgy

Pretty sure he tested them at FAC power in the clip - despite all the fairy dust that many reviewers have credited these pellets with(maybe sponsored) I very much doubt that they will out perform a decent round nose. The great debate on slugs is the latest thing - more pipe dreams and must have's for the gullible.

Shooter 1721 tested the fx hybrid slugs to 300 yards quite an interesting watch, for the wind chanel in clay. At 300 yards with fac running i thing 21 grain .22 slug at 950 fps was still enough energy to kill game. 

Bit different for those with sub 12 however a 10 grain hybrid slug for a .177 cal will be interesting.