HADES .22 DIABOLO PELLET

Daz Harrison

46 minutes ago, figgy said:

I have just been testing my cheap barrel mounted chrono. The impact was running at around 11.7 for with JSB exacts 15.89 and aafd. Put some Hades through it and a few went over by half a foot pound. Smaller heads and they fly that bit faster. Worth checking your guns with them.

Mine is now shooting the aafd and the jsb exacts at between 11 to11.3 to keep the Hades at 11.8 and below. Not what I would have wanted being so low in the 11's with my usual choice but seeing as plod can use any pellet, best be safe.

Going to test with smaller head sizes for accuracy as the hades are ok out to 40 if I can find a smaller head size that still accurate they can be my next batch buy.

For under £17.00 delivered and saves a 40 shot string it's ideal.

Screenshot_20191208-142857.jpg

How are you getting on with the new chrony mate? Good findings and worth knowing. How were the accuracy then

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first tried the Hades they were fine and not much different accuracy to the standard jsbs I just got some wild readings on my F1 chrony thinking it was going haywire, sadly not as this chrono shows same trend. Very consistent but faster than standard diablo, with the odd pellet going that bit quicker and going over the limit. I didn't test accuracy today just velocity the winds here are horrendous.

I'll do a bit more testing with both chronos set up when wind dies off as I want to text the accuracy and check the zero on my new scope. Set up with gusting winds so only somewhere near.

Edited by figgy

Not yet, that's going to happen soon, I'll take a bunch and weigh them. 

I did measure a bunch of them when I first opened the tin and they were all sizes. Only takes s lighter smaller head size to give a way off reading.

I'llweigh some and report back.

Often its the tighter head or much more likely the skirt size that males the difference in muzzle energy  

A tighter /firmer lead will fit tighter into the bore .this means the pressure builds up more behind the skirt before the pellet gives and starts to move up the barrel  accelerating , the higher the pressure the faster the acceleration .

By contrast a loose skirt is likely to start moving sooner  reducing the pressure build up before it reaches optimal for energy .

There is a lot going on in a gun between valve open duration . Barrel length .pellet type (weight ,hardness, size of skirt and head , design ) pressure  etc .

Just to say its the head size that reduces or increases energy is an over simplification  .

34 minutes ago, figgy said:

Ultrastu I thought the same, my gun seems to like 5.52 head size for accuracy but the measured Hades were all small lots below 5.5mm 5.48 etc that's what has me thinking they have no or little fricty so are speeding down the barrel.

And the Hades only come in 5.5mm no mention of 5.51mm, 5.52mm or 5.53mm just 5.5mm so far

Arron I've just sat and weighed every pellet left in the tin over 400 of them. The average head size is 5.46mm with some of the pellets at 5.33 across one side of the head rotate it and 5.43 so not round. Not found one out of 25 measured at 5.5mm biggest was 5.48 average 5.46mm skirts are averaging 5.7 to 5.8 rotating them.

Weights are on the left in the lid of scales between 16.2 to 16.6 and on the left 15.2 to 15.6 my scaled weigh in grains to two so everything in the tin is either 15.8 or 16 on the scales. 

Now to test speeds tomorrow of different weights see what we get.

Screenshot_20191208-211423.jpg

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Arron I've just sat and weighed every pellet left in the tin over 400 of them. The average head size is 5.46mm with some of the pellets at 5.33 across one side of the head rotate it and 5.43 so not round. Not found one out of 25 measured at 5.5mm biggest was 5.48 average 5.46mm skirts are averaging 5.7 to 5.8 rotating them.

Weights are on the left in the lid of scales between 16.2 to 16.6 and on the left 15.2 to 15.6 my scaled weigh in grains to two so everything in the tin is either 15.8 or 16 on the scales. 

Now to test speeds tomorrow of different weights see what we get.

Screenshot_20191208-211423.jpg

Now that's dedication 

Tested the speeds today and as predicted they went quicker for the lighter and a little bit slower for the heavier but not my much. The head size seems to affect the velocity as much as the slight weight difference. 

These Hades are faster than the standard diablo in my gun. 

Worth checking your own guns. These could be the pellet that pushes your gun over the limit.

Nah not for me ..

At 26 grns they will be too solid to expand properly .

And i dont expect accuracy to beat standard kings either .

If i were into battering close range stuff pigeons at 40 yds then they might be ok .but to be fair ive other guns that do that .and besides a jsb king to a pigeon at 45 fpe looks likes its been hit by a 12b at 20 yds .

POOOF .

Fac .25 is for long range  bunners. And maximum  accuracy is required .

And besides 25 fpe at 100 yds on a rabbit is pretty terminal .

Id be more interested in the .177 

Especially if its 8.5 grns  

IMG_20191209_231033.jpg

IMG_20191209_231058.jpg

IMG_20191209_231117.jpg

Now these are interesting  

Edited by Ultrastu