Heating pump

BaconBoy

Could anybody tell me what size/type of central heating pump I need please as the old one has packed up and are no longer made.A cheaper equivalent would do.

The old one is a grundfos super 4 class 'f'

The numbers stamped on it are..

50hz

40w

2600r/min

25 uf

1 phase

UK 7534  ?

4-35/130

Appreciate any help please guys.

Cheers

Have you changed a pump in the past? 

I only ask as sometimes it not straight forward.

Where is it located, in the pipework or the boiler.

If as above needs the pump expanders make sure your pump valves turn off. Most don't and snap off or if ball valve type leak. 

Edited by figgy

Your putting me off changing it now figgy.

I have located it,It's in the pipework,I have already cut a hole in the plasterboard wall(chimney breast)next to the coal fire.

I thought it was a case of stop the water at the valve just above the pump,undo the big nuts top and bottom of the pump and pull pump out.new pump in,tighten nuts,water back on.job jobbed.

Maybe I need a pro in to do it just in case.

How much room around the nuts. If it's really old they can be an absolute pig to change. If valves are knackered sometimes the old nuts don't match the thresds on new valves. Pipes then need cutting back and extending to do away with extendenders and the valves fit to new pipe. The wiring is easy bit.

If your handy and don't mind going back and forth to merchants if it don't go to plan, have a go it might go well. If not get s few quotes for the work.

2 hours ago, B725 said:

Should be a valve both sides of the pump, with the age of your's it may be a challenge, 

+1

I would cut back the pipe,replace with new and new fittings. You could be faffing around trting to bodge it when new would be quicker and less hassle.