Help.....(brain fade)

ditchman

i have got a worm in my brain and i cannot get rid of it..........help me find the answer

Question...........

there is a well known pigeon shooter and all round countryman who had/has a daughter or wife that is also a reasonably well known cook / writer..........

i know the answer but for the devil in me i cannot remember the surname...

10 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

There was Archie Coates his wife Pru was a reasonably well known cook! But he (and now maybe she?) is long since dead!

YES ....................:yahoo:

thank you......christ i just couldnt put that out of my mind ...and it was starting to really bug me........cheers

8 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

Pray tell why you're asking Ditchie.  Did they owe you any money...or stolen a recipe of yours?  I understand what you mean when 'someone' gets into your head.....and you just have to figure out who/ what/ why they are there...and of course...if they owe you! 

i was looking at the food and drink thread.....at that lovely game pie that Walker made for the shoot....and she came into my mind as she had written several game cooking books ...but i was stumped for her name........

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i was looking at the food and drink thread.....at that lovely game pie that Walker made for the shoot....and she came into my mind as she had written several game cooking books ...but i was stumped for her name........

Archie Coates was most likely the one that was bugging you , but there was also John Humphreys who shot a lot of pigeons and his wife Angela wrote a few books on cooking game . :hmm:

Ditchman, are you in North or South Norfolkstan? I ask because the office of national statistics has revealed that North Norfolk is England's oldest district where almost one in three residents is over 65. So, if you're in North Norfolkstan you brain fade should come as no surprise. 😂😂

Edited by Bobba

13 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Ditchman, are you in North or South Norfolkstan? I ask because the office of national statistics has revealed that North Norfolk is England's oldest district where almost one in three residents is over 65. So, if you're in North Norfolkstan you brain fade should come as no surprise. 😂😂

you shud be horsewhipped dammit.............:mad:

29 minutes ago, old man said:

Johnny and Fanny Craddock more of our ilk? 😀

Which reminds me. Is it an urban myth that on one programme, which included making doughnuts, Johnny, in doing his end of programme summary, said something like "and by following the recipe you too can end up with doughnuts that look like Fannie's" ?

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

Which reminds me. Is it an urban myth that on one programme, which included making doughnuts, Johnny, in doing his end of programme summary, said something like "and by following the recipe you too can end up with doughnuts that look like Fannie's" ?

it is not a myth............and also she has connections with norfolk....i believe here first husband got run down in a pub car park and broke his leg....on the outskirts of Attleborough.......