The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Brexit Party are apparently targeting adds at 45 year old males on fb

Pray tell how you know this err..' fact'? 

Did they inform you personally? 

Is it 45 years only, not 44 or 46? 

I am genuinely intrigued, and jealous, I want targeting too 🤔

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Pray tell how you know this err..' fact'? 

Did they inform you personally? 

Is it 45 years only, not 44 or 46? 

I am genuinely intrigued, and jealous, I want targeting too 🤔

45 years plus apparently so you may get in . 🙂 

Edited by oowee

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what about the sceintists that dont get govt' grants...............

98 percent of climate scientists agree that 1) there is potentially catastrophic climate change underway, and 2) that human activity is the driver of it. The thing is, as the writer in the other piece I linked to says, If you asked 100 doctors what treatment you needed, and 98 from across a range of different specialities agreed that you needed an operation but 2 said you didn't....who should you believe? 

Talking of grants, the climate change denial lobby is very well-funded and is extremely adept at muddying the waters. After all, that's its job - the lobby (because that's what it is if you follow the money) is essentially a propaganda machine for the traditional energy producers and industries. And what they do is try and undermine the veracity of the real scientists and climatologists. So the trick is to pick on any kind of discrepancies (of which there are bound to be quite a few in such a large and diverse body of research and evidence) and claim that these occasional discrepancies or timing miscalculations invalidate all the rest of the huge body of peer-reviewed science. Or else they snidely attack the messengers- accusing them of making jobs for themselves for the money. But if that were the case, why wouldn't a large proportion of that ninety eight percent go to the 'other' side? The pay would almost certainly be better. The answer is simple really. It's because they're scientists with integrity and they report what they find. 

I'm almost old enough to remember that there were scientists and doctors who fought long and hard to deny a link between cigarette smoking and lung cancer. Nothing changes. When there's money involved, people will fight to the last. 

I've had something if a nightmare/manic week so far and haven't had the opportunity to add my two penn'th about the faux pas that JRM and Andrew Bridgen made at the weekend. So here we go with a rant. The stuff JRM said I'm less concerned about but what Bridgen said was unforgiveable and totally outrageous.

He proved beyond all doubt (if ever there was any) that the political class in this country believes itself to be cleverer than us (he actually said that) and therefore has every right to dictate how we should lead our lives. What I find just as shocking as his statement, is the lack of consequential uproar. Idiotic snobs like him and his mates, very few of whom have ever done an honest day's work in their lives - should be disqualified from holding public office. Stuck up Oxbridge *******. 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The last moderate Labour Party Stalwart is standing down!

Tom Watson has given in to all the desperate in-house machinations and will not stand in the General Election.

It was predictable, in that the Trots will not tolerate anyone who does not support their political dogma.....expect a few more moderate labour politicians/members doing the same!

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The last moderate Labour Party Stalwart is standing down!

Tom Watson has given in to all the desperate in-house machinations and will not stand in the General Election.

9 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It was predictable, in that the Trots will not tolerate anyone who does not support their political dogma.....expect a few more moderate labour politicians/members doing the same!

Strange that he didn`t say that he said it was personal not political, but don`t let that stop you all twisting it a bit and adding supposition...

On breakfast tv this am a labour spokesperson was asked the direct question "what level is rich?" a question she refused point blank to answer giving the usual carp about redistribution if wealth. We all know "rich" to them is anyone who earns their living an does not support them. Locally a couple of moderates have been selected by their local party only to be deselected by JC's trots at central office.  And they expect this to  win votes?

Just now, Yellow Bear said:

On breakfast tv this am a labour spokesperson was asked the direct question "what level is rich?" a question she refused point blank to answer giving the usual carp about redistribution if wealth. We all know "rich" to them is anyone who earns their living an does not support them. Locally a couple of moderates have been selected by their local party only to be deselected by JC's trots at central office.  And they expect this to  win votes?

That was Rebecca Long-Bailey the Shadow Business Secretary.

She has the eyebrows that are permanently up!

Official_portrait_of_Rebecca_Long_Bailey_crop_2.jpg

43 minutes ago, henry d said:

Strange that he didn`t say that he said it was personal not political, but don`t let that stop you all twisting it a bit and adding supposition...

He 'said' 

Don't you think it a little strange, how the deputy leader of the party quits, a month before a crucial election, saying its for 'personal' reasons. 

Yet still promises to campaign for the Labour Party up to election day? 

Surely those personal reasons could have seen him (presumably) get re elected, then quit once the dust has settled? 

It's not a massive presumption to see that the 'personal reasons' are a clash of personality, based upon political direction, is it? 

Believe it or not, what people Say, and what they mean, can be somewhat different. 

Especially when it comes to politicians 🤣

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

He 'said' 

Don't you think it a little strange, how the deputy leader of the party quits, a month before a crucial election, saying its for 'personal' reasons. 

Yet still promises to campaign for the Labour Party up to election day? 

Surely those personal reasons could have seen him (presumably) get re elected, then quit once the dust has settled? 

It's not a massive presumption to see that the 'personal reasons' are a clash of personality, based upon political direction, is it? 

Believe it or not, what people Say, and what they mean, can be somewhat different. 

Especially when it comes to politicians 🤣

And menu's!

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

This article, points towards more political reasons. 

I suspect he is also weakened by his support for the abuse claimer ('Nick', Operation Midland, Carl Beech) where he vocally defended 'Nick' and demanded the police investigate .......... and ultimately a number of innocent people got hurt over a load of false claims.  Watson's role in this is at best very poor judgement, and he has been under a lot of pressure over it.

3 hours ago, henry d said:

This is what he said...

This is how you twisted it!

So you dispute people can have personal disagreements on politics? Lol! :whistling:

Lansman from the hard left (momentum) tried to get him out at the Labour conference........so I think it reasonable to conclude his politics are different to that of Lansman and Momentum....is that not having personal political differences? Lol! 

An oldy, but a goody. 

I asked my friend’s little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.Both her parents, Labour supporters, were standing there, so I asked her, “If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?”She replied, “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.”Her parents beamed, and said, “Welcome to the Labour party!”“Wow…what a worthy goal!” I told her. I continued, “But you don’t have to wait until you’re Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my drive and I’ll pay you £25. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out. You can give him the £25 to use toward food.”She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the £25?”I smiled and said:"Welcome to the Conservative Party.”🤣

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

An oldy, but a goody. 

I asked my friend’s little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.Both her parents, Labour supporters, were standing there, so I asked her, “If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?”She replied, “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.”Her parents beamed, and said, “Welcome to the Labour party!”“Wow…what a worthy goal!” I told her. I continued, “But you don’t have to wait until you’re Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my drive and I’ll pay you £25. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out. You can give him the £25 to use toward food.”She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the £25?”I smiled and said:"Welcome to the Conservative Party.”🤣

:good: nicking this.