• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

An oldy, but a goody. 

I asked my friend’s little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.Both her parents, Labour supporters, were standing there, so I asked her, “If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?”She replied, “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.”Her parents beamed, and said, “Welcome to the Labour party!”“Wow…what a worthy goal!” I told her. I continued, “But you don’t have to wait until you’re Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my drive and I’ll pay you £25. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out. You can give him the £25 to use toward food.”She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the £25?”I smiled and said:"Welcome to the Conservative Party.”🤣

How dare you sir, work for cash in hand🤣🤣

I do like it though.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

An oldy, but a goody. 

I asked my friend’s little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.Both her parents, Labour supporters, were standing there, so I asked her, “If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?”She replied, “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.”Her parents beamed, and said, “Welcome to the Labour party!”“Wow…what a worthy goal!” I told her. I continued, “But you don’t have to wait until you’re Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my drive and I’ll pay you £25. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out. You can give him the £25 to use toward food.”She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the £25?”I smiled and said:"Welcome to the Conservative Party.”🤣

Facile in the extreme. And that's the problem with modern politics. It's been dumbed down  (presumably because the state education system is so hopelessly poor)  to the point of absurdity. 

20 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Facile in the extreme. And that's the problem with modern politics. It's been dumbed down  (presumably because the state education system is so hopelessly poor)  to the point of absurdity. 

😂 Hilarious. 

It's a jokey type of analogy, it's not meant to be a serious take on the differences between political ideologues. 

I rather suspect its been converted from an Americanised version, but hey ho, you don't agree with the simplistic view, and as such throw a broad brush stroke at how thick we all are. 

Absurd? The irony 😁

53 minutes ago, das said:

She would look much better daubed on the side of a cattle wagon.

9 minutes ago, johnphilip said:
  • That's so funny ...... but you are spot on 🤣🤣

What are you afraid of? 

That some men are as afraid of women in power as they were years ago. What’s the name for that?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/28/top-women-politicians-still-peppered-with-gender-specific-slurs

5 minutes ago, oowee said:
8 minutes ago, oowee said:

What are you afraid of? 

That some men are as afraid of women in power as they were years ago. What’s the name for that?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/28/top-women-politicians-still-peppered-with-gender-specific-slurs

I don’t dislike her because of her gender, I dislike her because of her manner, her demeanour, her attitude and her politics!

1 hour ago, oowee said:

What are you afraid of? 

AFRAID  . Not for one minute.  It's what she wishes to happen to cancel  Brexit . To ignore what people voted for . I pity her stupid ness to even think why would anyone be so stupid , to come up with an idea  .  She is very dangerous  and do not trust her for one minute.  Have read some very disturbing  things about her . 

17 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

AFRAID  . Not for one minute.  It's what she wishes to happen to cancel  Brexit . To ignore what people voted for . I pity her stupid ness to even think why would anyone be so stupid , to come up with an idea  .  She is very dangerous  and do not trust her for one minute.  Have read some very disturbing  things about her . 

Agree entirely, as for my post above, I am beginning to think she might be better off inside of the cattle wagon. Cows love company🐮

Edited by das

41 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

25 minutes ago, das said:

Agree entirely, as for my post above, I am beginning to think she might be better off inside of the cattle wagon. Cows love company🐮

I can completely understand not supporting her politics we all have different views. 

It's the attitude to her gender that betrays underlying insecurities. It might be worth exploring these further to help understand where these come from and identify solutions. 

Edited by oowee