The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

It's the attitude to her gender that betrays underlying insecurities. It might be worth exploring these further to help understand where these come from and identify solutions. 

What a condescending manner you have. It's hilarious in its arrogance! 

I find it quite ironic that on the day we're remembering all those who were killed in conflicts to ensure the democracy and freedom of choice we have,  there are those willing to overlook, ignore, thwart and simply corrupt that democratic process, and give away those freedoms to unelected and unaccountable politicians, for financial security.

I suppose it's equally ironic that those same hard fought for freedoms to choose, give those people the choice to do just that! Strange eh? 

Interesting times ahead. I can't wait. 🙂

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liberals but no Democracy at all.  

It's going to get silly in the run up to this election with more back buying than in the past.

Politics has changed in this country to who can lie the best and get masses to believe them. No one party has delivered on their promises. 

Where the hell is Guy Fawkes when you need him.

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i hope BP get enough MP'S in to hold Boris's testicles

Current predictions are that the BP will not win any seats based on opinion polling to date.  It looks like the situation is changing - I have just seen this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50377396

7 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Current predictions are that the BP will not win any seats based on opinion polling to date.  It looks like the situation is changing - I have just seen this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50377396

This was always going to happen. 

Those 317 tory seats the BP won't contest will like rise to around 350.

Well done Nigel, you won't make every BP  supporter happy, but this is the correct, common sense approach. 

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

And indeed you did (rightly) predict something along these lines shortly after the election was called.

Personally, I would have made the the lib lab remain alliance stew another week before announcing the unofficial 'pact' but there are probably good reasons for resolving this with a month to go. 

Hopefully the tories will reciprocate and stand aside in some constituencies they can't possibly win, but BP can. But it isn't essential. 

Labour and lib dems could maybe do a little damage limitation by making a similar alliance, but I doubt that will happen, and even if it does, it won't make much difference. 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

It's hard to believe, but the Labour Party has just got itself a second Diane Abbott https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7671943/Emily-Thornberry-gets-muddled-tries-explain-Labours-Brexit-stance.html

Special things are far more valuable as a pair!

Just got up and put the BBC 1 o'clock News on to find that Labour are now the Champions of the Servicemen!

Well who'd have thunk it!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Personally, I would have made the the lib lab remain alliance stew another week before announcing the unofficial 'pact' but there are probably good reasons for resolving this with a month to go.

I think the candidates standing have to be registered (and presumably deposits paid) by 14th November?  Also the individual candidates will want to know as soon as possible to make their plans.

24 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think the candidates standing have to be registered (and presumably deposits paid) by 14th November?  Also the individual candidates will want to know as soon as possible to make their plans.

Exactly this sort of thing. :good:

It also neutralises the possible accusations that might appear from the opposition afterwards, of how they 'fixed' the election.

As it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest at the calls for a 'second vote' because the electorate 'didn't know who they were voting for' 🤣

BREXIT WARS

EPISODE 1V 

"A new hope"

on a planet far far away.....a young nigel skywalker ..has come out of hiding

an alliance with the empire warlord Bulbus boris jo has secretly been arranged

together they will face the evil sith lord corbin  and the northern alliance

headed by the grand mistress nicola von gob-poo

and her evil cohort the dark lord swine-some

the federation of deluded nations ...............waits

meanwhile...............................

the young captain tightchoke with the cunning scully and walker skywalker

board the starship "gordon bennett"  for a secrete mission...............

..................................

This episode was brought to you at great cost by the south african wine federation growers Ltd         

Good to see the reported agreement between the Conservatives and the Brexit Party!

Or in plain easier to read form;

BREXIT WARS

EPISODE 1V 

"A new hope"

on a planet far far away.....a young Nigel Skywalker ..has come out of hiding

an alliance with the Empire warlord Bulbus Boris Jo has secretly been arranged

together they will face the evil sith Lord Corbyn  and the Northern Alliance

headed by the grand mistress Nicola von gob-poo

and her evil cohort the dark Lord Swine-some

the federation of deluded nations ...............waits

meanwhile...............................

the young captain tightchoke with the cunning scully and walker skywalker

board the starship "gordon bennett"  for a secrete mission...............

..................................

This episode was brought to you at great cost by the south african wine federation growers Ltd 

52 minutes ago, Mice! said:

So what I heard on the radio was right, NF isn't going to split the votes, fantastic news.

Let's hope this is the start of a great campaign. 

The BP could split the Tory vote in leave voting, marginal Labour/lib dem held seats!....where the BP plan to field a candidate.

23 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

The BP could split the Tory vote in leave voting, marginal Labour/lib dem held seats!....where the BP plan to field a candidate.

If NF has said he/ they won't field candidates in Tories safe seats then he isn't splitting the vote, surely him going after back peddling Labour seats is a good thing,  if an area voted for Brexit but the tories wouldn't get in.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

If NF has said he/ they won't field candidates in Tories safe seats then he isn't splitting the vote, surely him going after back peddling Labour seats is a good thing,  if an area voted for Brexit but the tories wouldn't get in.

That's how I see it!

What is needed is a comprehensive list of all MPs who voted against Brexit and who have done everything in their power to thwart it. That would include lots of Conservative MPs but so be it. This should be cross referenced with constituencies which voted to leave.

43 minutes ago, Mice! said:

So in a strong traditional labour voting constituency that voted leave, if the constituency electorate wanted to leave the EU, they possibly (maybe?)wouldn’t vote for the labour candidate, so they could either vote Tory or BP, this could result in a vote split between the two......possibly allowing Labour to win because of a split Tory/BP vote........even if it was with a reduced majority!!

If the Tory’s can’t win such a seat, would it not be tactically better for the Tory’s to stand aside and let the BP candidate hopefully, get all the leave votes?