TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, henry d said:

I was using "project fear" as brexiteers are quite happy to throw it at anyone who may bring an alternative to the table but it seems that the reverse is not true!?

I believe the cartoon was a joke henry. 

Unlike project fear, which was widely accepted as what could happen in various Brexit scenarios. 

So your comparison is therefore not applicable. 

To confirm, joke, just like the Labour Party and its policies. 

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

confirm, joke, just like the Labour Party and its policies.

Well, say what you will about the Labour Party, at least it has policies and is prepared to justify them. The Tory Party has no policy whatsoever other than to hang onto power at any cost.

It's straight out of the Cummings playbook. Refuse to identify any of your own plans (because you don't have any) and then attack the other side's, forcing them to reason against your made-up figures and accusations. Of course, the No Plan Gambit worked for the Brexit vote so I suppose they think it's a good wheeze to try it again.

Incidentally, how is that No Plan Brexit thing working out for you?

2 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Pretty much a joke anyway. My current job demands well in excess of standard working hours. If I refused to sign to waive that right I wouldn't get the job. 

Imagine how much worse it's going to get as the Tories opt out of all of these things. They were reluctant to sign up to it originally. No doubt its going to get a lot worse for workers as this sort of stuff is eroded slowly but surely. 

Maybe we see a comeback for the unions. ?

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Well, say what you will about the Labour Party, at least it has policies and is prepared to justify them

Don't be ridiculous! 😹 How's it going to 'justify' them? They're unelectable, so they'll never get the chance to put them into practice, so they can have whatever way out policies they like. 

It's straight out of the Cummings playbook.

Where does one obtain a copy of this fabled tome? 

Ill let you know when it happens 👍

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Now now, you know very well that fascism has a plan!

Mmmm fascism 😺

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Maybe we see a comeback for the unions

Why, have they been somewhere? 

Oh yes, after destroying British industry in the 70s and 80s, the average British worker realised the unions weren't really acting in their best interests. 

The Labour Party used the unions to apply pressure to the tory government, with the inevitable casualty being the lowly grunt worker, but hey comrade, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs? 

The good old days eh? 

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Well, say what you will about the Labour Party, at least it has policies and is prepared to justify them. The Tory Party has no policy whatsoever other than to hang onto power at any cost.

It's straight out of the Cummings playbook. Refuse to identify any of your own plans (because you don't have any) and then attack the other side's, forcing them to reason against your made-up figures and accusations. Of course, the No Plan Gambit worked for the Brexit vote so I suppose they think it's a good wheeze to try it again.

Erm - what happened to Labours last claims about supporting the referendum result? That transpired to be a wild reversal of fact or maybe its OK to do the exact opposite of what one pledges if they lose just to prove they were lying.

37 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Oh yes, after destroying British industry in the 70s and 80s, the average British worker realised the unions weren't really acting in their best interests. 

The Labour Party used the unions to apply pressure to the tory government, with the inevitable casualty being the lowly grunt worker, but hey comrade, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs? 

The good old days eh? 

Who remembers dear old Denis "We're going to squeeze the rich until the pips squeak" Healey?  Predictably, the rich moved abroad and guess who got squeezed to pay for Labour's disastrous time in office? Eventually they'd made such a hugely embarrassing mess of everything that Denis had to carry the begging bowl to the IMF to bale the country out. Now we have another bunch of crackpots who are even more bonkers than than the buffoons in the minority government from 1974. Their 5 years of blundering ineptitude took 15 years to repair. If Mcdonnell gets his fingers in the national till it might take 30 years to repair.

13 minutes ago, Westward said:

Who remembers dear old Denis "We're going to squeeze the rich until the pips squeak" Healey?  Predictably, the rich moved abroad and guess who got squeezed to pay for Labour's disastrous time in office? Eventually they'd made such a hugely embarrassing mess of everything that Denis had to carry the begging bowl to the IMF to bale the country out. Now we have another bunch of crackpots who are even more bonkers than than the buffoons in the minority government from 1974. Their 5 years of blundering ineptitude took 15 years to repair. If Mcdonnell gets his fingers in the national till it might take 30 years to repair.

:lol:

The last few years have been driven by austerity under the Tories. Along comes and election and it's spend spend spend. :lol:

At least labour have always had a plan to spend. The Tories have just come out with spend and no plan. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

:lol:

The last few years have been driven by austerity under the Tories. Along comes and election and it's spend spend spend. :lol:

At least labour have always had a plan to spend. The Tories have just come out with spend and no plan. 

Except the Tories save it up for election time. :lol:

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The good old days eh? 

Not saying its a good thing but as the right wing Tories push back on the standards that people have got used to it's likely to promote a backlash. 

9 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

indulging in it via free internet.

The State controlled British Broadband Provider will only allow access to State approved sites - which I very much doubt would include fieldsports.  The British Peoples Firewall will ensure anything politically incorrect is excluded.

The State is to provide your internet 'free' so that it can exclude other providers and control what you watch (as well as monitor what you are watching).  If you are found watching fieldsports you may get a visit from the Thought Police - or have your address and details passed to some friendly body like the LACS.

Edited by JohnfromUK

On 16/11/2019 at 17:49, oowee said:

At least labour have always had a plan to spend.

Problem is their not spending their own money,  they borrow then 4 or 8 years later someone else has to start paying it back.

On 16/11/2019 at 17:49, oowee said:

The last few years have been driven by austerity under the Tories.

Hence ☝️☝️

On 16/11/2019 at 15:25, oowee said:

Imagine how much worse it's going to get as the Tories opt out of all of these things. They were reluctant to sign up to it originally. No doubt its going to get a lot worse for workers as this sort of stuff is eroded slowly but surely. 

Maybe we see a comeback for the unions. ?

Unions haven't gone anywhere,  there still lurking around in a lot of big to medium sized firms, taking money but not doing a great deal.

On 16/11/2019 at 15:14, Retsdon said:

Well, say what you will about the Labour Party, at least it has policies and is prepared to justify them.

Really?? Like the referendum result they backed, but now don't but might? I've lost track.

On 16/11/2019 at 18:46, oowee said:

Not saying its a good thing but as the right wing Tories push back on the standards that people have got used to it's likely to promote a backlash. 

Where do you get this nonsense from? Which "standards" do you mean? Why would it be in the interests of the tories?

In the 70s when your beloved unions were out of control and hell bent on destroying anything that held back their ridiculous wage demands and thus fuelling crippling inflation, people like me were trying to pay a mortgage running at around 14% interest and trying to raise 2 kids (later 3) without a raft of tax payer funded benefits. Without any government help other than child benefit, my wife and I have produced 3 sons all highly qualified and all earning - and I mean earning - substantial salaries. They do not want to be forced to move abroad by some dingbat bunch of Labout loonies whose creed of envy and bitterness means they think my sons don't deserve their incomes and they should have most of it taken off them and given to the non producing wasters and layabouts we have so many of in this country.

I no great fan of Boris but heaven helps us if Corbyn leading Fred Carno's Army ever get into power.

11 minutes ago, Westward said:

Where do you get this nonsense from? Which "standards" do you mean? Why would it be in the interests of the tories?

See earlier posts and links. 

In the 70s when your beloved unions were out of control and hell bent on destroying anything that held back their ridiculous wage demands and thus fuelling crippling inflation, people like me were trying to pay a mortgage running at around 14% interest and trying to raise 2 kids (later 3) without a raft of tax payer funded benefits. Without any government help other than child benefit, my wife and I have produced 3 sons all highly qualified and all earning - and I mean earning - substantial salaries. They do not want to be forced to move abroad by some dingbat bunch of Labout loonies whose creed of envy and bitterness means they think my sons don't deserve their incomes and they should have most of it taken off them and given to the non producing wasters and layabouts we have so many of in this country.

Lost me with this bit.

I no great fan of Boris but heaven helps us if Corbyn leading Fred Carno's Army ever get into power.

Agreed. They are both carp, neither fit to run a burger van let alone the UK.