The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackgiendinning/status/1199056353161043969?s=12

Hope the link works, I'm not on Twitter but this is brilliant,  and the comments are bang on Nicola Sturgeon is normally allowed to have her say, not sure I've seen this happen before. 

And if half of what Andrew says is true it sounds like Scotland is already in serious trouble,  so why vote for independence??

Maybe they're hoping if they can stay in Europe then they'll get bailed out?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Hope the link works, I'm not on Twitter but this is brilliant,  and the comments are bang on Nicola Sturgeon is normally allowed to have her say, not sure I've seen this happen before. 

And if half of what Andrew says is true it sounds like Scotland is already in serious trouble,  so why vote for independence??

Recorded it as I wanted to watch later, what I did see was a good grilling!

21 minutes ago, Mice! said:

The title to your post should be, 'How to batter a Sturgeon'.

3 minutes ago, Penelope said:

The title to your post should be, 'How to batter a Sturgeon'.

That's a belter.

23 minutes ago, henry d said:

Recorded it as I wanted to watch later, what I did see was a good grilling!

My signal is terrible so I've not listened to her response, but I will later.

20 minutes ago, Mice! said:

The only thing that makes the SNP different from UKIP is that it's been around since the 1950s. Otherwise they are both little more than one trick ponies. UKIP existed only for Brexit and since day one, the SNP has only ever had the objective of independence. Nether UKIP nor the SNP could possibly have the skills to run a country.

Back in the 70s I was working out of Glasgow for a couple of years and spent some of my time at our factory in Cumbernauld. I had lunch a few times with one of the operatives there who was an SNP activist and independence campaigner. But he was good company and okay to chat with and I remember him once saying that an independent Scotland would be self sufficient in food. I resisted the temptation to point out the irony that at that exact moment he was eating a banana! As I say, nice guy but somewhat blinkered, as is Sturgeon. Sadly though, I can't honestly say Sturgeon comes across as a nice person.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7722231/Moment-man-tells-Tory-activist-white-f-ing-country.html

No doubt the gentleman in the video will receive a similar punishment to the man who harangued anna soubry 😂

Ah, the wonderful world of inclusive Britain. Oh, and I think that you'd be waiting a long, long time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7722231/Moment-man-tells-Tory-activist-white-f-ing-country.html

No doubt the gentleman in the video will receive a similar punishment to the man who harangued anna soubry 😂

I trust there is an online campaign to identify this moron and try to bring some kind of action against him?

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I trust there is an online campaign to identify this moron and try to bring some kind of action against him?

The video, which has been viewed over 300,000 times, sparked a police appeal for information - but Scotland Yard is yet to make any headway. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Leave him alone; he’s only a young Tory lad with a rosette. 🙂

😂

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

Leave him alone; he’s only a young Tory lad with a rosette. 🙂

Ha, that's probably how I would have responded too 😉

17 minutes ago, Penelope said:

The video, which has been viewed over 300,000 times, sparked a police appeal for information - but Scotland Yard is yet to make any headway. 

I'm sure if those extra 20,000 were in place he's be locked up by now, or ...

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

That Guido article made me chuckle.

As an aside it's remarkable about how easily we talk about billions without actually considering just how big a number that is.  In the context of national policy or economy we now consider millions to be the loose change and we carry that looseness of language into other areas, so planting 2 billion trees sounds like a suitably impressive big number, but folk will accept it as just that without considering what does 2billion actually mean.

I always like to refer it back to people in the context of something they can visualise.  So a million seconds is around 11.5 days, so to be a millionaire means someone handing you a pound coin every second for the next 11.5 days.

A billion seconds is around 11,500 days or 31.5 years.  2 Billion trees is planting a tree every second for 63 years.

But we've only got 11 to 12 years to save the planet 🙄

How fast do trees grow again? 🤔

If we assume that we have 45,000,000 able bodied people in the uk that can use a spade, we all only have to plant 45 trees each to get to 2bn trees.  Although where do we get the saplings to plant?

Actually come to think of it, to get the seeds to germinate at a rate to support that volume of planting how much carbon will be released through the intensive all year round process in heated and artificially lit greenhouses, production of the planting medium, how much water will it need, how do we transport those saplings to all those involved in the process, ....... 🤔