TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 25/11/2019 at 16:53, grrclark said:

She has set it out as one of her red lines to do a formal deal with Labour if a hung parliament.  Bin Trident, cancel Brexit and give approval for Scottish IndyRef2 in 2020.  She’s a demanding sort.......

Thing thing is I could see Corbyn saying yes to everything for a chance to get into no 10, if he doesn’t get it over the line this time then it is a busted flush for him and his cabal of Trot’ nutters.

I think it was Thornberry who said the Labour opinion on Trident was that the decision had been made and whilst Labour didn't support it at the time, they would not attempt to reverse it even if they formed the next government.

Corbyn has I believe said he wouldn't offer a Scexit vote in 2020 although he would consider one in the future.

Of course what Labour says now and what they say if they get the merest whiff of a chance at power is, as we all know, completely different.

Thankfully today's MRP poll suggests that Labour are on course for a real kicking and the Con. Party look like winning a solid majority. As untrustworthy as polls are, this one at least comes from the organisation that predicted the last hung parliament.

I did hear a fun theory about Sturgeon. It came from a Labour/Remain channel I keep an eye on. He suggested that Sturgeon was essentially a provocateur who pushed Scottish independence as a means rather than as an end. Interesting notion, but with my limited knowledge of Scottish politics I'd be unwilling to voice an opinion on the worth of this notion.

There are different ways at interpreting an issue, which some may interpret differently.....that is not lying! There are different angles of looking at an issue, that some for other, including political reasons, may look at from a different angle, that is not lying either....there is misinterpretation, misunderstanding and just getting things wrong, which is not lying either! What specifically is BJ accused of knowingly and deliberately lying about!

Proroguing Parliament was not illegal until the courts declared it so, which was after the event, he didn’t know the court would make this judgment, so how did he lie to the Queen?

He was prevented from leaving the EU by Parliament, he did not know they would do this, so he did not lie nor renege on his promise?

Lying is knowingly and deliberately intending to deceive........not being preventing from doing something due to other influences!

For crying out loud! They’re politicians! 😀

They lie, they cheat and they deceive for a living! All of them, without exception. What are you expecting? Mary Poppins? 
If anyone is expecting to score points or even prove a point regarding one politicians honesty compared to another, I’d say it was a pointless and irrelevant exercise. 
It may be easier to name one who hasn’t lied. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

For crying out loud! They’re politicians! 😀

They lie, they cheat and they deceive for a living!

I think you're being overly harsh. I've known a couple of very decent MPs who I'm sure wouldn't fall within your description. Unfortunately their sort are becoming increasingly rare.

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

i think ...anyone who wants to be a politician ...should be banned from becoming one.....

sorted 

This is so true, when Gordon brown  was a young man he said one day he would like to be  Prime minister  . It's ok say that what you would like to be . Its another matter  been able to do it. 

58 minutes ago, henry d said:

Lying ****

Yes but some remainers are biased and undemocratic and will try to find a negative, where there isn’t one....and if there isn’t one they deceitfully, make one up! 

To state someone is lying without explaining and pointing out the basis of your accusation...is frankly, just laughable childish name calling!........wanna try again? lol!

17m gullibles will think we can save money by not being in the EU let them think we will spend it on the NHS. It was not lying so much as a make believe fairy tale. 

These were lies.

1. I don’t comment on other people’s children.

2.  "The NHS, as you know, it's the biggest increase in living memory, a £34bn increase."

3. 40 new hospitals will be built as a result of decisions we're taking

4. Sadiq Khan, his successor as London mayor, plunged £17million into the Garden Bridge after he took office.

5. “After decades of sending them through the post like this he has had his costs massively increased by Brussels bureaucrats who are insisting that each kipper must be accompanied by a plastic ice pillow,”

6. he would prorogue Parliament for 5 weeks. He told them this was purely to prepare the ground for a Queen's Speech, a Brexit deal, and an "ambitious" legislative programme.

7. “Absolutely not, absolutely not,” Johnson replied. “I have never tried to deceive the public and I’ve always tried to be absolutely frank.”

12 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

So when the UK doesn’t have pay £billions to the EU......the UK will not save money by leaving? errrr right!

And it is now admitted by a remainer, that the info on the red bus was contrary to past claims.....not a lie! About time ! Lol!

Yep that's right it will not save money by leaving but we all know that. It will be subsidising tariff hit business, increased state aid, lower tax receipts, less corporation tax. He ho its only money and Brexit was about so much more. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Yep that's right it will not save money by leaving but we all know that. It will be subsidising tariff hit business, increased state aid, lower tax receipts, less corporation tax. He ho its only money and Brexit was about so much more. 

So leaving the EU will save money then? You admit it will.......when you speculate, it will be Spent on “subsidising tariff hit businesses, increased state aid, lower tax receipts, less corporation tax” 🤔