The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

2 hours ago, oowee said:

17m gullibles will think we can save money by not being in the EU let them think we will spend it on the NHS. It was not lying so much as a make believe fairy tale. 

But 17 million weren’t gullible enough to believe in remainer scare tactics! Do I really have to repeat what those were again, if we voted to leave? None of which turned out to be true!

Like I said, if you want to base your ‘but he said this’ and ‘he said that’ competition on who is/was telling the biggest porkies, you’ll have to point your finger at many more than just Boris.
What about all those politicians of every party who lied when they stated they would honour the result of this ‘once in a lifetime vote’ ? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scully said:

But 17 million weren’t gullible enough to believe in remainer scare tactics! Do I really have to repeat what those were again, if we voted to leave? None of which turned out to be true!

Like I said, if you want to base your ‘but he said this’ and ‘he said that’ competition on who is/was telling the biggest porkies, you’ll have to point your finger at many more than just Boris.
What about all those politicians of every party who lied when they stated they would honour the result of this ‘once in a lifetime vote’ ? 

The discussion was about liers. They all lie (mostly) :good:but some lie more than most and their lies have significant financial consequences. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

The discussion was about liers. They all lie (mostly) :good:but some lie more than most and their lies have significant financial consequences. 

I know.  Like I’ve already said, they’re politicians and all are ‘liars’, that’s what they do. Their lies have much more dire consequences than financial, but it’s apparent money is where your priorities lay. 

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Yes but some remainers are biased and undemocratic and will try to find a negative, where there isn’t one....and if there isn’t one they deceitfully, make one up! 

To state someone is lying without explaining and pointing out the basis of your accusation...is frankly, just laughable childish name calling!........wanna try again? lol!

You start off your argument with an, "Yes, but.." and go off on a slight tangent. Is Bojo and the cons going to fund the NHS to the full extent of£350M, if not why pervert what is written on the side of the bus?

5 hours ago, tonker said:

I saw nowhere on the bus that said they would spend all 350 million on the NHS. They  just said they'd fund it, not by how much.

Prevarication in the very least, lying at best,  nothing more nothing less. Would you be happy if it said; "We'll give them a couple of quid and spend the rest on expenses..." 

Lying **** end of.

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

You start off your argument with an, "Yes, but.." and go off on a slight tangent. Is Bojo and the cons going to fund the NHS to the full extent of£350M, if not why pervert what is written on the side of the bus?

No I stuck to the point.....I did not want to direct the comment at anyone in particular, so I said “some remainers are biased and undemocratic” which they obviously are! This is the reason they try to convince others the message on the red bus were lies....which they are not!....it did not say it would spend the whole £350 million on funding the NHS...it’s remainers who are trying to  pervert what is actually written on the bus, in a pathetic attempt to shore up their undemocratic leave agenda!

No, it is subverting it totally, the inference is that the money will be used to bolster an underfunded NHS. Why else would you say it? 

They could have been above board and said "we'll spend a few Bob on the NHS and the rest on our expenses..." They preferred to lie about it.

4 hours ago, henry d said:

They could have been above board and said "we'll spend a few Bob on the NHS and the rest on our expenses..." They preferred to lie about it.

Rather, they could have been above board and said that nearly every single study on the prospective economic effect of Brexit suggested a fall in tax revenue that would dwarf any savings in contributions. And that was before a 'hard' Brexit was even on the cards.

11 hours ago, henry d said:

No, it is subverting it totally, the inference is that the money will be used to bolster an underfunded NHS. Why else would you say it? 

You prove my point, a remainer choosing to interpret the wording negatively, in order to try to bolster up their spurious argument and score political points! Lol!

'We pay 350 million to the EU, let's fund our NHS instead.' - and there's no suggestion of substituting the one for the other? Sure.

OK, try this. Say to your wife -  'We spend 80 quid a month on TV subscriptions, let's go on a nice holiday instead' - and then a year later, after she's spent the evenings knitting socks for entertainment , tell her that there's no holiday in the offing and that 'instead' meant something other that what in normally means. 

Advice. Tell her from the other side of a stout closed door.

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

'We pay 350 million to the EU, let's fund our NHS instead.' - and there's no suggestion of substituting the one for the other? Sure.

OK, try this. Say to your wife -  'We spend 80 quid a month on TV subscriptions, let's go on a nice holiday instead' - and then a year later, after she's spent the evenings knitting socks for entertainment , tell her that there's no holiday in the offing and that 'instead' meant something other that what in normally means. 

In your example you failed to say if all of the money would be spent on the Holliday and never said it would be a re occuring event just like the Brexit Bus. 

Very similar tactic to the Brexiteers when they start to doubt their religon and their arguments start to wain they role out a Picture of Diane. Nothing like a bit a bit of misogyny to help them feel better about themselves. 🙂

Interesting you mentioned a Brexit tool kit. Where could that be found I wonder? Would it be in the magic forest behind the invisible cloak? 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

and their arguments start to wain they role out a Picture of Diane.

Not really, Dianne is comedy gold! 

Not like she's a serious politician is it 🤣 She's only on that front bench cos shes got dirt on jezza. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

Interesting you mentioned a Brexit tool kit. Where could that be found I wonder? Would it be in the magic forest behind the invisible cloak

Yes! The one that's full of unicorns and labour's money trees 😎

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Imagine that the whole family voted democratically for a holiday, only to find it meant diddly squat🥴

:lol:  labour manifesto fully costed. Party led by someone with Balls ready to take on Andrew Neil. Where is Boris. :lol: The pair of them are a waste of resources. 

5 minutes ago, KB1 said:

Imagine that the whole family voted democratically for a holiday, only to find it meant diddly squat🥴

Trouble was the family voted for a holiday on an island in the Atlantic that has yet to be created.:good: 

As the caller made very clear, he (as do the whole Labour party) treats the voters as if they were fools.  The idea that voters can be 'bribed' by free give aways of broadband, 30% off rail fares, waspi pension payments free, all by taxing the top 5% is complete cloud cuckoo land - and most people no more believe in than they do that money grows on trees.

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

labour manifesto fully costed.

Are you actually serious? 🤣

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

all by taxing the top 5% is complete cloud cuckoo land

Exactly, the figures simply do not add up.. By a looong stretch. 

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

Trouble was the family voted for a holiday on an island in the Atlantic that has yet to be created.

No they didn't, they voted for a holiday. 

You've made up the island argument, so you don't have to answer the difficult question of why they're not going on holiday!