The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

labour manifesto fully costed. Party led by someone with Balls ready to take on Andrew Neil. Where is Boris.  The pair of them are a waste of resources. 

Trouble was the family voted for a holiday on an island in the Atlantic that has yet to be created.:good: 

You could of wrote, terrorist sympathiser daft enough to be interviewed by AN comes out looking old and I'll prepared but thinks he's PM material. 

Screenshot_20191123-094602_Facebook.jpg.e2143c07c58e364b1b458f7e8379d3fa.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, oowee said:

labour manifesto fully costed. Party led by someone with Balls ready to take on Andrew Neil. Where is Boris.  The pair of them are a waste of resources. 

Trouble was the family voted for a holiday on an island in the Atlantic that has yet to be created.:good: 

😂😂 you're a good laugh, I'll give you that👍

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I don't think Boris is long term material, but he is head and shoulders above the SNP, Lib Dem leaders and all of the Labour Cabinet. A bunch of anti-semite, cretins.

I am not so sure he is. I would rate Sturgeon as a way better politician than Boris even though I like her politics even less. Boris is certainly more like able but he is like one of those low lifes when under caution their story immediately starts to fall apart. Sturgeon on the other hand has a coherent set of policies that she is sticking by and is straightforward and clear in her response. Labour are just a mess on all fronts. 

How many votes will Boris get just because no one wants the alternatives?

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I don't think Boris is long term material, but he is head and shoulders above the SNP, Lib Dem leaders and all of the Labour Cabinet. A bunch of anti-semite, cretins.

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

It's rather frightening how a calculated slur campaign can gull some people into unthinkingly repeating that slur. Unfortunately this is how modern politics is largely conducted, and it's a threat to democracy. 

Which part are you disputing?

The anti-semite or the cretins?

10 hours ago, oowee said:

I am not so sure he is. I would rate Sturgeon as a way better politician than Boris even though I like her politics even less. Boris is certainly more like able but he is like one of those low lifes when under caution their story immediately starts to fall apart. Sturgeon on the other hand has a coherent set of policies that she is sticking by and is straightforward and clear in her response. Labour are just a mess on all fronts. 

I'd certainly take her, or Rory Stewart, over what is currently on offer.

11 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

On what basis, Rory Stewart?

Straight talking and conciliatory in the most part. I think he represented a real opportunity to unite the various sides of the Brexit divide but understand that he did not conform to what the Tory membership were looking for. Might have allowed me to continue voting Tory.

12 hours ago, oowee said:

I agree in the main.  I think that Sturgeon is an impressive politician, although her and her parties obsession with trying to engineer a second indy ref for Scotland and talking down the Tories at every opportunity is incredibly divisive in Scotland.

Boris is a force of personality, no denying that and that can get things done, but he is a busker.  He is also like a cork on top of the water and will float in the direction of the prevailing winds, he is a man of little principle and conviction, but one of absolute calculation when it comes to his own ambitions.

The way I see it is this election is very much about Brexit and thereafter voting for the least worst option on offer.

I know pro-union Scottish voters who are voting for SNP due to their anti-brexit stance as Labour and Lib Dems are effectively a busted flush, but when it comes to Scottish Elections or another Indy Ref they will vote against the SNP.

I know died in the wool Labour and SNP supporters who are voting Tory as they are pro Brexit, but the next election they will vote anything but.

The Lib Dem voters always seem to vote for the Lib Dems regardless.

I am pro Brexit (i’m ideologically opposed to a big governmental state) and traditionally a conservative voter and it galls me to vote for BoJo as PM.  All a bit moot as SNP are likely to win with a big majority in my ward despite where my X is.

45 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Straight talking and conciliatory in the most part. I think he represented a real opportunity to unite the various sides of the Brexit divide but understand that he did not conform to what the Tory membership were looking for. Might have allowed me to continue voting Tory.

Did he not conform when he fell apart on live TV?

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I tried but most of the arguments from the leave side are twaddle. Do you think you understand both sides?

I've looked at the remain side and just don't get it, continue as we are slowly giving up any remaining power or authority to the EU super state.

No thanks.

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Oh dear, not very original, but possibly as far as you can take the "debate"?

Just remember I didn't make a claim that someone could 'heal the divide' so to speak.

I was just pointing out that, quite obviously from that statement, you do not understand 'both' sides.

You then come up with a ridiculous statement that the leave side is 'twaddle'.

I just reciprocated with the same 'twaddle' reversed.

'Right back at you', so to speak. 

Edited by Newbie to this

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Just remember I didn't make a claim that someone could 'heal the divide' so to speak.

I claimed potential and I maintain he had a better chance than most, if not all, the others.

I was just pointing out that, quite obviously from that statement, you do not understand 'both' sides.

Would you care to expand on this? I was alluding to compromise.

You then come up with a ridiculous statement that the leave side is 'twaddle'.

Again, I stated that most of it is twaddle.

I just reciprocated with the same 'twaddle' reversed.

'Right back at you', so to speak. 

I tried to open a line of discussion / debate around moving the country forward and trying to unite the public - your reply effectively stopped that in it's tracks. Again I assert that you either don't want the discussion or can't have the discussion... 

32 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I claimed potential and I maintain he had a better chance than most, if not all, the others.

And that is exactly why in my opinion you do not understand the leave side. Rory Stewart was, is and will always be a remainer, perhaps this is why you think he would 'heal the divide'. He basically agrees with you.

Would you care to expand on this? I was alluding to compromise.

Why should the winning side compromise??? Again another reason that In my opinion you don't understand both sides.

Again, I stated that most of it is twaddle.

And again, I merely pointed out that some see the remain side as mostly twaddle. Again another reason that in my opinion you don't understand both sides.

I tried to open a line of discussion / debate around moving the country forward and trying to unite the public - your reply effectively stopped that in it's tracks. Again I assert that you either don't want the discussion or can't have the discussion... 

What is the point in opening a discussion when it is all complete 'twaddle' (well most of it anyway).

The country needs to enact the result of the democratic referendum to move forward. We either live in a democracy or we don't.  My understanding of democracy is the majority decide and that decision is carried out.

You can go down the route of people didn't know what they were voting for or what kind of leave was voted for, or any other condescending remarks remainers like to spew out. The fact is it was all spelled out by Cameron, the leave campaign and indeed the remain campaign.

As for not wanting the discussion, you are 100% right. We had a vote, Leave won, there is nothing more to discuss!

As a winning voter, I'm sick to death of the Brexit debate, the time for debate was in the run up to the referendum. The time is now for the result to be enacted. Leave the EU in it's entirety as voted for, and get on with governing ourselves.

Edited by Newbie to this