The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not content with the reporting of the BBC and looking at the more balanced private media he issues a warning to the BBC  to back off. 

Looking at Johnson today with that picture of the boy on the floor of the hospital and you realise just how far removed from the reality of life for some he is.

Anyone seriously doubt that the tories are now on the far right of politics? 

This is the reality of Tory government.

Jack

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not content with the reporting of the BBC and looking at the more balanced private media he issues a warning to the BBC  to back off. 

Looking at Johnson today with that picture of the boy on the floor of the hospital and you realise just how far removed from the reality of life for some he is.

Jack

The mother could have held the child but she chose to use the floor instead. 

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

Jack

To be fair, this was also happening back in the Blair days too.

10 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Further back than that.  Back circa 1970 I was kept on a trolley as there was no bed - then after an emergency op (appendix removal) shipped to another hospital in a shared ambulance.  (In addition my father had had to drive me to the hospital because the doctor was unable to secure an ambulance).  These pictures/stories are brought up for purely political 'stiring' purposes periodically (usually by the media supporting whoever is in opposition at that time) - but in reality have been part of life for 50 years under governments of all colours.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

Correct. Conveniently overlooked by some. I recall driving my Dad all the way to Freeman’s in Newcastle ( a four hour return journey ) many years ago, for a scheduled quadruple bypass heart surgery. Had just got in when the phone rang to tell me there had been an accident on the A1 and as a result there was no bed for my Dad. I got back in my car and went back through for him ( another four hour journey ) and the following morning took him ( yet another four hour journey ) back to Newcastle. It never occurred to any of us to contact the Daily Mirror. 🙂

In the Blair days, my eldest broke his back at motocross and ended up in Blackpool Hospital. On his discharge, an argument broke out as to who would stand the cost of taking him, by ambulance, on the 40 mile journey home. 

After about an hour, of complete buck passing, I wound back the front seat and he came home in my car.

Whilst I feel sorry for this young lad, it is a truly desperate attempt to make a political point. There are far worse cases, but tugging at the heart strings of the gullible is about Corbyn's mark.

They must be proud of using taxis to bus in activists and the "accidental" hitting of a Tory aide.

Edited by Gordon R

Part and parcel of a underfunded, over worked NHS, with far far too many freeloaders. 

People need to remember that the NHS is not free, it has to be paid for. We should be charging anyone who isn't a UK born citizen to use it, in the form of needing medical insurance to enter the country.

We have enough of our own freeloaders, we don't need anymore.

The 'Free' healthcare has to be the biggest driving force for people wanting to come to the UK.

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst I feel sorry for this young lad, it is a truly desperate attempt to make a political point. There are far worse cases, but tugging at the heart strings of the gullible is about Corbyn's mark.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

They must be proud of using taxis to bus in activists and the "accidental" hitting of a Tory aide.

I did see the video, and actually, 'the hitting' did look like a genuine accident and was very minor.  However taxiing in 'thugs' is despicable, but standard Union and Momentum/Militant Tendency tactics goung right back to the Thatcher years of the Miners, Grunwick etc. strikes.

6 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Part and parcel of a underfunded, over worked NHS, with far far too many freeloaders. 

People need to remember that the NHS is not free, it has to be paid for. We should be charging anyone who isn't a UK born citizen to use it, in the form of needing medical insurance to enter the country.

We have enough of our own freeloaders, we don't need anymore.

The 'Free' healthcare has to be the biggest driving force for people wanting to come to the UK.

And now oowee and Henry will call you a racist,  the do gooders will say the nhs is stretched because people are living longer its nothing to do with the hundreds of thousands of immigrants that have arrived here since Blair opened the door wide and said come in.

Be nice to be able to shut that door again to stem the flow.

20 minutes ago, Mice! said:

And now oowee and Henry will call you a racist,  the do gooders will say the nhs is stretched because people are living longer its nothing to do with the hundreds of thousands of immigrants that have arrived here since Blair opened the door wide and said come in.

Be nice to be able to shut that door again to stem the flow.

Why? We should charge those not entitled to the service. 

It is.

47 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why? We should charge those not entitled to the service. 

It is.

Well your right on charging people,  but the nhs is stretched more because of the thousands of immigrants that have arrived over the years, so demand outstrips the capacity. 

Obviously people are living longer,  better health better care, but everyone over 60 doesn't suddenly need medical attention. 

Obviously people are living longer,  better health better care, but everyone over 60 doesn't suddenly need medical attention. 

A visit to a hospital will perhaps suggest that the waiting room isn't full of elderly people. Cue someone saying I, my friends and relatives visit the wrong hospitals. My personal experience  is restricted to Oldham, Rochdale, North Manchester, Bolton, Salford Royal, Blackburn, Blackpool and Bury. A similar mix at all of them.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well your right on charging people,  but the nhs is stretched more because of the thousands of immigrants that have arrived over the years, so demand outstrips the capacity. 

No that is incorrect. Even if you accept that thousands of migrants have added to the bill they have also added to the tax take. It is the Governments role to balance the books not the role of the patients and service providers. 

Living longer, better treatments, more expensive drugs, people living longer and relatively less people paying the bill is the cause of the crisis. Add to that unreasonable expectations of service. 

Thankfully we have thousands of migrants working in the service or otherwise there would not be one. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Thankfully we have thousands of migrants working in the service or otherwise there would not be one. 

And those are the migrants we want, skilled hard working.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

No that is incorrect. Even if you accept that thousands of migrants have added to the bill they have also added to the tax take.

If your saying that all immigrants have added to the tax take then you must be deluded, how many come here and go straight on benefits, free house the works? More strain on schools nhs basically everything. 

That for me was probably the biggest thing that pushed the vote for Brexit,  things should be better hopefully afterwards,  they couldn't carry on as they were.

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

And those are the migrants we want, skilled hard working.

If your saying that all immigrants have added to the tax take then you must be deluded, how many come here and go straight on benefits, free house the works? More strain on schools nhs basically everything. 

That for me was probably the biggest thing that pushed the vote for Brexit,  things should be better hopefully afterwards,  they couldn't carry on as they were.

I am sure that there are some who do, certainly in the case of refugees but would be very surprised if the number was in any way significant. 

Given that non EEA migrants are ineligable and EEA migrants are required to pass the habitual residence test and the genuine and effective work appraisal I suspect, if any its insignificant. You clearly believe differently and I look forward to seeing your data source, if you have any.  

12 hours ago, oowee said:

Jack

Vote labour and the kid will be outside on the floor nice one

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

Here you go £2300 per annum net more than the average UK adult does

Edited by henry d