TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Complying with the law of "for every action there is an at least equal and opposite reaction" 😛 

The honest truth is that the UK democratically voted to leave the EU (the action) The reaction by remainers was to ignore this democratic vote and try, by any means, to overturn the result before it was delivered.......their tactics, were (are) amongst others, to misrepresent, delay, distort fact and lie (project fear)....it was remainers who “cast the first stone” every subsequent reaction from leavers, has stemmed from this remainer reaction! 

I voted for Brexit and still want Brexit but I don't want Conservative policies.

I was going to vote for Nige 'til he back-peddled and did the dirty.

I was going to vote for Pullen who, having been dumped by Nigel, was going as an independent but is now standing in a neighbouring constituency.

Now I have a choice of Labour,  Green, Libdem or Cons, none of whom I'd vote for.

So 'abstain' will be written on my paper and I feel that myself, and thousands of others are being denied our say because of the constituency system, instead of voting at a national level.

Whatever the result it will be skewed and not a true representation.

This will be my last ever vote and it won't count for anything☹️

I can't help wondering if Boris and his team are making a mistake making 'get Brexit done' the key phrase of this election. I think any Brexit supporter who is going to vote Tory has already made up their mind to do so, and probably did some time ago. I know that people tend to focus on their own field (and mine is employment) yet I personally haven't seen any specific campaigning on how truly awful (with scrutiny) Labour's employment proposals are. 

Just one example. Labour are banging on about the NHS and education. Both are heavily supported by 'bank' nurses and supply teachers, the majority of whom do this through choice (working mums and dads, semi-retired people etc.)

You ban zero-hour contracts, what's going to happen? No agency is going to employ a teacher or a nurse and guarantee them hours unless they have a cast-iron contract with a school or a hospital, and even then, shifts don't appear out of thin air. That's just one example. 

21 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

The honest truth is that the UK democratically voted to leave the EU (the action) The reaction by remainers was to ignore this democratic vote and try, by any means, to overturn the result before it was delivered.......their tactics, were (are) amongst others, to misrepresent, delay, distort fact and lie (project fear)....it was remainers who “cast the first stone” every subsequent reaction from leavers, has stemmed from this remainer reaction! 

It all started going skew whiff from the point the referendum was called. You are of course right about the democratic vote but everything else is hazy. It's not just the remainers fault that Brexit is a mess even if it's convenient for you to believe so. It's an omni-shambles. I still don't honestly know which is the lesser of the evils in the long run - getting some kind of Brexit done or revoking A50. I'm sure you have a view and I'm equally sure you don't know for certain!

17 minutes ago, KFC said:

I voted for Brexit and still want Brexit but I don't want Conservative policies.

I was going to vote for Nige 'til he back-peddled and did the dirty.

I was going to vote for Pullen who, having been dumped by Nigel, was going as an independent but is now standing in a neighbouring constituency.

Now I have a choice of Labour,  Green, Libdem or Cons, none of whom I'd vote for.

So 'abstain' will be written on my paper and I feel that myself, and thousands of others are being denied our say because of the constituency system, instead of voting at a national level.

Whatever the result it will be skewed and not a true representation.

This will be my last ever vote and it won't count for anything☹️

You are not alone in these thoughts but if that;s what you actually intend doing I would save yourself the effort of going to the polling station. 

8 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

I can't help wondering if Boris and his team are making a mistake making 'get Brexit done' the key phrase of this election. I think any Brexit supporter who is going to vote Tory has already made up their mind to do so, and probably did some time ago. I know that people tend to focus on their own field (and mine is employment) yet I personally haven't seen any specific campaigning on how truly awful (with scrutiny) Labour's employment proposals are. 

This is what I was alluding to on the other thread. I think it is a mistake and he'll quickly become undone if he doesn't get Brexit done - the public aren't gullible enough to be duped a second time into believing it's the fault of everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

This is what I was alluding to on the other thread. I think it is a mistake and he'll quickly become undone if he doesn't get Brexit done - the public aren't gullible enough to be duped a second time into believing it's the fault of everyone else.

Yep, if Boris and the Tories win all eyes will be on him for sure, he will need to be careful to do what he promised otherwise there will be Tory rebels, and if he has a small majority that could be disastrous. 

Just now, Thunderbird said:

Yep, if Boris and the Tories win all eyes will be on him for sure, he will need to be careful to do what he promised otherwise there will be Tory rebels, and if he has a small majority that could be disastrous. 

Exactly, I still think there'd be a fair bit of fall-out among the Tories if they scrap the deal and try to go no deal. 

48 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

Just one example. Labour are banging on about the NHS and education. Both are heavily supported by 'bank' nurses and supply teachers, the majority of whom do this through choice (working mums and dads, semi-retired people etc.)

You ban zero-hour contracts, what's going to happen? No agency is going to employ a teacher or a nurse and guarantee them hours unless they have a cast-iron contract with a school or a hospital, and even then, shifts don't appear out of thin air. That's just one example. 

That's the worry,  May never questioned anything that Corbyn promised and her Election was a disaster. 

I'd hoped for more bite and spite from Boris, tell us what your going to do but point out to the sheep how bad and unmanageable his promises are. 

And I think your spot on with the zero hours contracts,  but it sounds good to students and voters who can't or won't get a better job, those who the contracts actually suit will be forgotten. 

15 hours ago, Elmer Fudd. said:

I'm still a bit undecided about my vote direction this coming Thursday.

I've obviously taken into consideration what I consider to be the following swaying
points on the two main parties.

On the one hand the Conservative Boris Johnson is a bit of a rascal  with the ladies
and can sometimes bend the truth a bit, he’s also a bit posh.

And on the other hand..

Labours Jeremy Corbyn Invited two IRA members to parliament two weeks after
the Brighton bombing......
.....Voted against banning support for the IRA.

So it’s a tricky one really

Very tricky...

EHkBEirWoAA6qBT.jpg

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Very tricky...

Context henry.

She turned on the IRA and was given protection, plus shes not a candidate for parliament, shes a councillor , and guess what, if the people of Croydon dont like her past, they can vote her out.
Something they seem very reluctant to do.

Just now, harrycatcat1 said:

Just listening to Jeremy Corbyn on the news and he has, in my opinion, the manner of Aurther Scargill, one step away from insanity. 

He is vegan, near tea-total, photographs drain covers for a hobby and dated Diane Abbott - and you say he is one step AWAY from insanity????

🤣

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It popped up and I hadn't considered it before. 

Was doing the rounds during the 2016 referendum.  Not entirely sure why you'd bother, surely if you had access to the ballot boxes, rubbing out 'x's then putting in different 'x's would take...ages.  Easier to substitute ballots.