The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

As if it wasn't what we already suspected.....

'Almost every Conservative Party advert analysed during a period of the election campaign was found to be misleading, compared with none of Labour’s, research has found.

Some 88 per cent of the most widely circulated Tory ads during the first four days of December included inaccurate claims, according to disinformation tracking organisation First Draft.' https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/general-election-boris-johnson-conservatives-labour-corbyn-facebook-ads-a9241781.html

And just to check how independent this research was, and that it wasn't politically biased, I looked up the authors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Draft_News "First Draft News is a project "to fight mis- and disinformation online" founded in 2015 by nine organizations brought together by the Google News Lab. It includes Facebook, Twitter, the Open Society Foundations and several philanthropies.[a][1][2]" So it' s an umbrella organization overseen and funded by the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter - hardly  a grouping that would be pro-Labour!

Anyway, there you have it. You can vote for honest people. Or alternatively you can abstain and vote for nobody. Or I suppose you could vote for the people who cynically and calculatedly lie to you 88 percent of the time.  Of the three choices, I would say that only two would qualify as either honorable or sensible ones. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

'Almost every Conservative Party advert analysed during a period of the election campaign was found to be misleading, compared with none of Labour’s, research has found.

Some 88 per cent of the most widely circulated Tory ads during the first four days of December included inaccurate claims, according to disinformation tracking organisation First Draft.' https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/general-election-boris-johnson-conservatives-labour-corbyn-facebook-ads-a9241781.html

And just to check how independent this research was, and that it wasn't politically biased, I looked up the authors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Draft_News "First Draft News is a project "to fight mis- and disinformation online" founded in 2015 by nine organizations brought together by the Google News Lab. It includes Facebook, Twitter, the Open Society Foundations and several philanthropies.[a][1][2]" So it' s an umbrella organization overseen and funded by the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter - hardly  a grouping that would be pro-Labour!

Anyway, there you have it. You can vote for honest people. Or alternatively you can abstain and vote for nobody. Or I suppose you could vote for the people who cynically and calculatedly lie to you 88 percent of the time.  Of the three choices, I would say that only two would qualify as either honorable or sensible ones.

Marvellous news, glad you believe it all!:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

You are joking aren't you? 

You know who owns open society? 

The social media platforms also lean heavily to the left. 

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Open Society Foundations is founded, chaired and largely financed by George Soros - and is his 'mouthpiece'.  It would be AMAZING if it didn't attack Brexit supporting parties and support Leave based parties.

It is virtually as far from 'unbiased' as it is possible to be!

4 hours ago, Retsdon said:

As if it wasn't what we already suspected......even without the work that others have done to point out the flaws in your claim, it doesn't take a genius to realise there are some exceedingly gullible folk out there! NONE? 😀

Next you'll be telling us the head honcho of the regime in which you work doesn't have his high profile critics killed! 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Next you'll be telling us the head honcho of the regime in which you work doesn't have his high profile critics killed! 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

https://firstdraftnews.org/about/ 'As a Founding Partner, Google News Initiative continues to support the work of First Draft. We are also grateful to the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Craig Newmark Philanthropies, News Integrity Initiative at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY, Open Society Foundations, Omidyar Network, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Ford Foundation and the Rita Allen Foundation for their grants and donations. We have also received financial support from the Facebook Journalism Project and Twitter.'

Open Society Foundations is just one of a whole bunch of organizations involved with First Draft. So what about Google News and Twitter, or the Ford Foundation? Are they part of your left wing conspiracy too?

If you must feel compelled to reply, why don't you try addressing the issue, raised rather than trying (and failing as usual) to shoot the messenger?  

41 minutes ago, Scully said:

Either killed,  or hung up by their feet in luxury hotels and shaken down for their money. Why do you imagine for one moment that I would hold a candle for MBS?

53 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Are they part of your left wing conspiracy too?

Conspiracy? I think you're mixed up on definition. 

Open society funds far left wing groups, anti brexit groups, climate change groups, Antifa and BLM, those are FACTS. 

56 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

If you must feel compelled to reply, why don't you try addressing the issue, raised rather than trying (and failing as usual) to shoot the messenger

The messenger shoots itself, when it tries to justify a biased report, by claiming the reports paymasters are unbiased, when every man and his dog know they are NOT. 

You're sposed to be an educated man, stop being naive. 

6 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Almost every Conservative Party advert analysed during a period of the election campaign was found to be misleading, compared with none of Labour’s, research has found.

How many were removed for breach of electoral standards?

I know of at least one Labour one that was removed for breach.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

A different issue. An individual MP getting removed for breaking electoral rules is one thing. An entire electoral campaign that is  founded on systematic lying is a different matter altogether. I really fail to understand why you have a problem with me calling this for what it is. If nothing that a political party says can be believed, then how is democracy supposed to function? Is it OK now for a political party  to outright lie 90 percent of the time? It's not about supporting any individual party. From a political perspective I don't care who wins the election. But the Conservative party under Johnson is undermining the whole political system. No party should be able to do that and get away with it because down that road like anarchy.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The messenger shoots itself, when it tries to justify a biased report,

Is the report factually wrong or not? If it is, then you can surely point out the errors. Or are we going to keep sniping at the messengers...?

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I remember the reports a few years ago of several Asian Labour councillors in Birmingham, caught red handed in a disused factory unit, filling in piles of blank ballot papers!.....I believe electoral fraud to be widespread....but I can’t say I’ve heard of any conservatives being caught doing it?

19 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Is the report factually wrong or not? If it is, then you can surely point out the errors. Or are we going to keep sniping at the messengers...?

What are you even talking about ?

What FACTS ? A left wing inspired and paid for advertising group with clear links to anti Brexit and anti tory donors , SAYS that tories lie and labour dont ?

Give me strength, you have NO argument.

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

41VQET6PV8L.jpg

Bout as serious as mcdonnell on Peston last night saying labour will get a majority.

'But youll need to take 100 seats off the tories to do that ?'

'And...' he said :whistling: