TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Point out how the the information in the above link is false.

Its not , no one here said it was , the 4 year old on the floor was obviously staged but hey ...

First Draft as a source , unbiased ?
The writer of your above piece https://marcowenjones.wordpress.com/about/

Another completely unbiased piece from first draft https://firstdraftnews.org/latest/uk-general-election-2019-boris-johnson-quote-disputed-more-suspicious-facebook-ads-and-party-publications-get-the-magazine-treatment/

By completely unbiased Lydia Morish https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lydia-morrish-2a3a6893

She written for Huckmag https://www.huckmag.com/

And dazed https://www.dazeddigital.com/

Two really unbiased publications.

Im not sniping , YOU are simply not researching the sources you are gaining your 'facts' from.

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

A different issue. An individual MP getting removed for breaking electoral rules is one thing. An entire electoral campaign that is  founded on systematic lying is a different matter altogether. I really fail to understand why you have a problem with me calling this for what it is. If nothing that a political party says can be believed, then how is democracy supposed to function? Is it OK now for a political party  to outright lie 90 percent of the time? It's not about supporting any individual party. From a political perspective I don't care who wins the election. But the Conservative party under Johnson is undermining the whole political system. No party should be able to do that and get away with it because down that road like anarchy.

Im not talking about an MP, one of their party election broadcasts had to be pulled because it breached electoral standards.

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I was surprised today to have a party political advert for the Lib Dems pop up on facebook. I know that is not allowed but it didn't affect the way I voted

There have been a whole mass of Labour ones - but purportedly put up/posted/tweeted by individual supporters ........ not the 'party' itself.  You can form your own opinion.

31 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

There have been a whole mass of Labour ones - but purportedly put up/posted/tweeted by individual supporters ........ not the 'party' itself.  You can form your own opinion.

That's what I suspected about the one I received from the Lib Dems, but it was a professionally produced official ad. Definitely not a home made bit of private enterprise by some supporter. 

1 minute ago, Vince Green said:

That's what I suspected about the one I received from the Lib Dems, but it was a professionally produced official ad. Definitely not a home made bit of private enterprise by some supporter. 

I am not expert in this area, but I think they are 'reposted, or retweeted' - so made by the party machine, but distributed by supporters. The Mail says a lot of so called 'celebs' are now mobilised to get Labour voters out.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7784827/Election-2019-Voting-stars-social-media-document-polling-station-trips.html

9 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Why do you imagine for one moment that I would hold a candle for MBS?

I don't, I just found your willingness to believe that Labour have not misled the electorate throughout this election campaign rather naive. For the umpteenth time.....they are politicians! What are you expecting? They all have agendas. 

'......analysed during a period'....... The first four days in December. 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Im not sniping , YOU are simply not researching the sources you are gaining your 'facts' from.

Yes you are. You'e sniping at the authors of the piece. How about you just answer these questions. 5 points per correct answer.

1) On December 6th, did Channel 4 News misrepresent what Boris Johnson  said about the UK wanting immigrants? Y/N

2) Did Chucka Obama retweet the Channel 4 News item? Y/N

3) How many Facebook ads did the Conservatives post  between 1st - 5th December?  500 / 1000 / 5000+?

4) What percentage of these ads contained information that had already been labelled as misleading by https://fullfact.org/about/ ?  10 + / 5-+ / 80+?

5) The Liberal Democrats always use accurate graphs in their advertisements? Y/N?

6) 'Best For Brexit' is a Conservative Party organization? Y / N

If you could be bothered to actually read the piece to find the answers you'd find that every political party in this election (other than Plaid Cymru who don't feature) would seem to be guilty of misrepresentation of information. But the SCALE of Conservative misrepresentation is far greater than other parties' and would appear to be policy rather than over-enthusiasm. Now, if you can point to evidence that other parties are guilty of similar systematic factual misrepresentation, then go ahead. I'll accept that FirstDraft and FullFact are biased organizations who, by omission in not reporting these Labour transgressions,  are unfairly smearing the Conservative Party advertising campaign. If you can't produce evidence, or even allegations, of  Labour inaccuracies and lies on anything like the same scale, then I'll believe that FirstDraft and FullFact are doing their job properly.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

Retsdon - you need to get a grip. Your posts are becoming even more bizarre. 

I've got to agree.

I cant answer his schoolboy questions because they make no sense , 5 points ?

Who is chucka Obama?

Conservatives,  or the conservative party?

Misleading data from full fact , but I need to answer a question ? Then he says he KNOWS they are biased as well as  first draft, (who he previously stated provided FACTS)

Then goes on to say if I dont provide evidence of labour ...errr, inaccuracy, hes going to believe them anyway !

I'm saying sunstroke , or that dodgy hooch his mate brews.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I cant answer his schoolboy questions because they make no sense , 5 points ?

Ok, just answer the questions for no points if that makes you happier. It's very simple. My 9 year old could do it. All you have to do is read the piece you linked to above https://firstdraftnews.org/latest/uk-general-election-2019-boris-johnson-quote-disputed-more-suspicious-facebook-ads-and-party-publications-get-the-magazine-treatment/, find the information and answer the questions. Basic reading comprehension....

Edited by Retsdon

24 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

find the information and answer the questions. Basic reading comprehension....

53 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Yes you are. You'e sniping at the authors of the piece. How about you just answer these questions. 5 points per correct answer.

1) On December 6th, did Channel 4 News misrepresent what Boris Johnson  said about the UK wanting immigrants? Y/N Seeing as they altered it and apologised, yes, and no. 

2) Did Chucka Obama retweet the Channel 4 News item? Y/N I have no idea who this person is 🤣

3) How many Facebook ads did the Conservatives post  between 1st - 5th December?  500 / 1000 / 5000+? Who are 'the Conservatives'? The party cannot post Facebook ads directly, they can be shared by others, make the question legible. 

4) What percentage of these ads contained information that had already been labelled as misleading by https://fullfact.org/about/ ?  10 + / 5-+ / 80+? Twelvety Williton? I would imagine it changes by the minute, misleading question... Naughty chair. 

5) The Liberal Democrats always use accurate graphs in their advertisements? Y/N? I know this one! Yes! They are an honest democratic party and Jo can smother me in her ample bosom anytime. 

6) 'Best For Brexit' is a Conservative Party organization? Y / N I honestly have never heard of them. 

Now if you're done with your patronising, insulting line of inquiry, must be time for bed over there? 

16 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Now if you're done with your patronising, insulting line of inquiry,

Not insulting at all. I was just trying to get you to read something for a change. I see it didn't work though.☹️

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

must be time for bed over there? 

Correct. Goodnight :)

Never count your money while your sitting at the table, there'll be time enough for counting when the dealings done.

Very true. I trust the exit polls are reasonably accurate. I have voted Labour for most of my adult life, but the current Tories have them beaten by a country mile. Labour need to get rid of Corbyn, Starmer, McDonnell, Abbot, Rayner, Pidcock, Thornberry and the whole of momentum. 

I would imagine David Millband is rubbing his hands.

8 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Very true. I trust the exit polls are reasonably accurate. I have voted Labour for most of my adult life, but the current Tories have them beaten by a country mile. Labour need to get rid of Corbyn, Starmer, McDonnell, Abbot, Rayner, Pidcock, Thornberry and the whole of momentum. 

I would imagine David Millband is rubbing his hands.

But will they go?? I agree with you, you need good opponents otherwise you get lazy, but those lazy Mps are taking a huge pay check whilst doing pretty much nothing.