The Next General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wrexham since 1935 labour, first female conservative mp in Wales.

Wow wow wow 

I grew up in Leigh, they had a 10,000 majority and I can't believe it they've gone blue, someone try telling me it's not to do with Brexit, I'm 43 this is a first, always been a labour safe seat.

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Very true. I trust the exit polls are reasonably accurate. I have voted Labour for most of my adult life, but the current Tories have them beaten by a country mile. Labour need to get rid of Corbyn, Starmer, McDonnell, Abbot, Rayner, Pidcock, Thornberry and the whole of momentum. 

I would imagine David Millband is rubbing his hands.

Yes I agree with you, Labour gave it away to Boris on a plate. Stupidity raised to an art form. Its demonstrated by the fact that they lost in their traditional heartlands, people just didn't believe them.

5 hours ago, AULD YIN said:

Corbyn  stepping down as leader of the labour party ,thank christ ,he would have been the downfall  of the UK.

Nooooooo! we want him still to be leader in May when we have the local elections. He isn't going to go easily I bet he tries to hang on, in a few weeks they will be saying it was rigged or something equally implausible. 

The turnout was slightly down but still a healthy 67% but a lot of commentators are blaming the drop on the weather.

They're not taking account of the fact that in my constituency, Cambridgeshire North West, myself and two of my friends abstained because we didn't have anyone we could vote for.

Yes, Boris is pro-Brexit but I didn't want to vote for lack of investment, in real terms, student debt, including nurses struggling to pay for their own training in the NHS and even greater PFI debt.

As for the other 3, well nuff said.

However I do know that, even if I did have someone to vote for, like an independent for example, then I know Shailesh Vara would still have won because Cambs as a whole is always true blue.

I'm not complaining about the result but I do feel disappointed and I feel disenfranchised. Nigel dumping a load of his candidates, Ukip disappeared, not a single independent candidate so it was a tactical stitchup.

I'm sure there must be plenty of others who felt that they were voting more out of a sense of wanting to use their vote rather than voting 'for' something.

As I've said before, I'll never vote again.

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Nooooooo! we want him still to be leader in May when we have the local elections. He isn't going to go easily I bet he tries to hang on, in a few weeks they will be saying it was rigged or something equally implausible. 

The Mail online reports this 

It's the Corbyn-ocalypse! Petulant Labour leader says he WILL stand down as party slumps to worst election result since 1935 - but refuses to admit his policies were wrong and blames the media for defeat

😂😂

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

:D "We did not Know what we were voting for and are too thick to understand  -  we demand a rerun and peoples vote":lol:

3 minutes ago, KFC said:

The turnout was slightly down but still a healthy 67% but a lot of commentators are blaming the drop on the weather.

They're not taking account of the fact that in my constituency, Cambridgeshire North West, myself and two of my friends abstained because we didn't have anyone we could vote for.

Yes, Boris is pro-Brexit but I didn't want to vote for lack of investment, in real terms, student debt, including nurses struggling to pay for their own training in the NHS and even greater PFI debt.

As for the other 3, well nuff said.

However I do know that, even if I did have someone to vote for, like an independent for example, then I know Shailesh Vara would still have won because Cambs as a whole is always true blue.

I'm not complaining about the result but I do feel disappointed and I feel disenfranchised. Nigel dumping a load of his candidates, Ukip disappeared, not a single independent candidate so it was a tactical stitchup.

I'm sure there must be plenty of others who felt that they were voting more out of a sense of wanting to use their vote rather than voting 'for' something.

As I've said before, I'll never vote again.

I doubt he will miss your 3 votes!